East Coast Storm....

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, Brooklyn, Queens not doing so well. My son is in school in Baltimore. Thought he would have problems with the storm but so far so good for him. Of course he's all excited about it while I sat here and worried.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Yeah, Brooklyn, Queens not doing so well. My son is in school in Baltimore. Thought he would have problems with the storm but so far so good for him. Of course he's all excited about it while I sat here and worried.

Kids, go figure.

If an asteroid was going to hit they would want to be at ground zero.

Good to hear you're all doing well.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm happy to hear that everyone so far is ok. I know Mr. Smith is from Philly too. It looks like there is a bunch of us from the NE.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
7+ million without power.. crazy... I think they shut down more than actually went down for precautions

over 50 burned down houses in broad channel queens.. that's insane

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Me too...live about 30 minutes from Syracuse. So far, on my side of town it has been pretty uneventful but interesting how one area will be totally unaffected and right next door will suffer tons of damage. It seems that parts of Syracuse, east of Syracuse, Manlius area has seen the worst. It's not over yet... I can hear the wind howling as I type.

Stay safe everyone!

Hi Tis, glad you haven't had to experience any of the severe weather either, I'm 20 minutes north of syracuse on the border of Hastings. Things ended up uneventful for us in CNY considering lol.

My sister in law lives about 10 miles west of Boston and had about the same experience as us so far.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
All's good for me here in the Western Philadelphia suburbs, but North West and North of Philadelphia (Bucks County, PA) took it quite hard. I still have power and only suffered a bunch of "brown-outs" last night during the height of the storm, I have a large generator so I was prepared but fortunately didn't need to use it.

A friend who lives 10 miles West of me is without power. This far West, it's hit or miss, but closer to the East the damages are more widespread. New York suffered pretty badly, they have a crane hanging backwards and over the main street and walkway from several hundred feet up, having been blown over and torn to shreads. It appears to be hanging only by the cables and a few of the crossbars, with most having been ripped apart.

View attachment 57780View attachment 57781View attachment 57782

Let's hope nobody is injured from falling debris or injured while trying to recover that mess.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
the one thing I didn't miss when the power went out was that damn crane story lol... they just kept bringing updates every 30 seconds... all the streets around it that were in danger were evacuated.... 50+ died most from falling trees as what's being reported... unless your part of some rescue team.. or in danger... you'd have to be a moron to be out in that storm

fyi I wanna live in that building... its absolutely sickkkkkk

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
the one thing I didn't miss when the power went out was that damn crane story lol... they just kept bringing updates every 30 seconds... all the streets around it that were in danger were evacuated.... 50+ died most from falling trees as what's being reported... unless your part of some rescue team.. or in danger... you'd have to be a moron to be out in that storm

fyi I wanna live in that building... its absolutely sickkkkkk

Yup the crane story was here every 3 minutes or so.