Easiest way to multi-task/switch apps?

Laramie

Reaction score
Not sure if there is a short cut that I'm missing.

Say I'm using the browser, then want to switch to handcent, then to tapatalk, then back to browser all without losing the last place in all those apps. I want to be able to switch without having to press "home" and then whatever shortcut/widget on the screen.

I'm currently using "bar control" and "AltTabApp" both from the market but was hoping there was something better.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JCo352

Reaction score

Say I'm using the browser, then want to switch to handcent, then to tapatalk, then back to browser all without losing the last place in all those apps. I want to be able to switch without having to press "home" and then whatever shortcut/widget on the screen.

I'm currently using "bar control" and "AltTabApp" both from the market but was hoping there was something better.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can long-press the soft home button, and bring up the last six apps you've used.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure if this helps, but if you hold the home button while in an app, it shows the 6 most recent apps. You can click one to switch. I just left here (tapatalk) after that last sentence by going to my browser, then went to g talk, then came back and this text box was still up with the words I had typed.

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score

Say I'm using the browser, then want to switch to handcent, then to tapatalk, then back to browse

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can long-press the soft home button, and bring up the last six apps you've used.

How have I had my droid for nearly three months and didn't know about this?! Man, its like when all else fails, LONG PRESS.

Thanks for the tip!

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but if you hold the home button while in an app, it shows the 6 most recent apps. You can click one to switch. I just left here (tapatalk) after that last sentence by going to my browser, then went to g talk, then came back and this text box was still up with the words I had typed.

He beat you to it ;) but thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. This phone keeps getting better and better. Tapatalk is a great app huh?