Eased everything on droid now can't get to boot up

4.6beater

Reaction score
i think i messed up my phone. last nite i tired to get this kernal working cause my phone redraws was horrible. so i decide it will be a good idea to eases everything and start from scratch..... I went to clockwork-mod recovery menu by hold down x and power button and selected the following. wipe data/factory rest; wipe cache partition; then i went into the partition menu and format boot; system; data; cache; sd card; and sd- ext. i format all those items and now is not working.. so then i trying installing 2.2 update and couldn't keep getting E;signature verification failed.. please help don't have the money to replace phone. all out of ideas.

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i dont know much about restoring back, but for future reference. youre not supposed to wipe the sd card, because that will erase everything on that and your phone wont have a way to reboot i believe. but good luck!

OP

4.6beater

Reaction score
YEA i learned the hard way anyone with a better suggestion

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you installing the larger update file or the smaller update file? Did you allow before you attempted to install? What's the final outcome that you wish to reach here?

OP

4.6beater

Reaction score
Are you installing the larger update file or the smaller update file? Did you allow before you attempted to install? What's the final outcome that you wish to reach here?

installed both of them.. i just want to get my phone up and running again with 2.2 not rooted what do i have to do to get there cause i eased everything

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Actually, I think the proper application of the Master FRG22D update file would be the preferred alternative to having to use the finicky RSD Lite. Instructions and files below.

good luck

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Actually, I think the proper application of the Master FRG22D update file would be the preferred alternative to having to use the finicky RSD Lite. Instructions and files below.

good luck
Teddy, the OP said he already tried that, that's why I suggested RSD Lite. Believe me, I'd rather not have to go this route. :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yeah, I see that now, sorry. Now I didn't quite read it all . . .

OP

4.6beater

Reaction score
yea sorry i took so long i was in the process of moving to a new state got it working that same night... thanks for the quick response really grateful

OP

4.6beater

Reaction score
i used the rsd lite program and got it to work. the only thing is I didn't pass at the end i got suck in manual power up devices and it was at 100%.. but haven't run into any problems