E Mailing Directions

jazzman77

Reaction score
I just got a droid and love it. I saw an iphone commercial where someone is on the phone, checks the movie times and then e mails directions to a friend. I said heck, if iphone can do it so can the droid. I have tried and cant figure it out ...Am I missing something ? Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Last edited:

Baconstrip

Reaction score
The Droid cannot use data and voice services at the same time. Verizon's network is CDMA, which does not allow for this.

But seriously, that's such a stretch for a commerical. How often do you really need to be looking stuff up on the internet while on the phone with someone :) Its so difficult to hang up and text them the information afterwards :)

OP
J

jazzman77

Reaction score
I agree... however all I want to do is email the directions and I cant seem to find a button that says e mail the directions on Google maps.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid cannot use data and voice services at the same time.
Read what you want to read strikes again!

Seriously, though. I'd think that an app like Google Maps would have to offer the ability to send directions to a contact to accomplish this.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Quit feeding them.....

evil_O

Reaction score
Interesting question. I just got the Driod so I am still learning. With the iPhone I was able to talk on the BT and send a text to someone else letting them know I was on a call... this can't be done with the Droid I take it?