durden 2.2 is almost here

tktouch12

Reaction score
what will be so great about this compared to other roms like cyanogen or bugless or whatever other rom?
the dynamic kernel looks absolutely amazing, but is there anything else?

Reaction score
wow this is pretty exciting, but im figuring unless they release something absolutely stellar that just blows your mind away, i think itll be hard for people to just jump back onto there rom.

Paralda

Reaction score
I hope this means that Droidmod will be able to do what Sholesmod did for me and many others; introduce an easy way to root and flash custom ROMs to noobies. I loved Droidmod, but after too much time without an update, I changed to SS... and then Darkedge UI... then updated to TC 2.2 the first chance I could, but I'm willing to go back to Droidmod in a heartbeat.

powrful1

Reaction score
I had been running SM/DM for a long time...finally took the froyo plunge..very happy...but will try the new DM when it drops.

BB v04 Chevy1 lv1.0 Smoked Glass
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LrdElderon

Reaction score
They've been kinda off in the corner for so long I don't even really notice them anymore. I hope durden is one hell of a comeback because CM and the likes are fantastic. I don't see much about the rom though aside from the kernel, which the site says is not functional yet.

That's probably the biggest thing to me that I've read so far, though I heard about that back not long after sholes switched to droidmod.

mix mash with CM seems cool.

mad3963

Reaction score
droidmod.org website seems to be offline at the moment. Could this be a sign that something big is about to drop?

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe another sholesmod meltdown???

J/k. Site proobably just down momentarily. Or maybe....

F

FknTwizted

I used to use dm1.0 and loved it but, when they didnt drop a 2.2 mod it took me a minute before i jumped to a cm 2.2 rom.... i really liked how easy it was to use dm and they make a really stable and fast rom... but after the meltdown it almost was like they fell off the face of the earth.. ive been watching the RSS but, the length of any kind of updates on the RSS bothered me.

(please obi-wan help dm come back to the light side cause DAMN SON I BE GETTING TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE AND DONT KNOW IF I CAN COME BACK!! and i dont want to be wearing some damn light brite on my chest cause you will cut my arm off and melt my face!!!)

so where was i going with this? oh yeah hurry up DM your not my only hope!

Reaction score
The site has been down for like a week

And at this point i think durden 2.2 actually dropping is unlikely. The site has been down and when it was up it was rarely updated. They never even dropped an official 2.1 rom. And it seems that no one has any info reguarding them

Sucks too cause SM then DM were my first roms and i used SMUpdater to originally root my droid. Loved the stability but i grew tired of all other roms advancing past so i jumped ship. Now i try all the major devs roms here and there. But I was with CM throughout 2.1 and have jumped from Jrummy, to Chevy, and now im on Pete's waiting for CM6 to drop. If DM ever gets another rom out ill def try it, but im not getting my hopes up.

Reaction score
Patients is a virtue few poses these days. The site was up last night so gonnadie4thegov is mistaken on that note. The DM devs hav stated multiple times they are on a no deadline release date, they are building completely from source, and want to get a functioning product not a buggy half finished one. Its not an if they release, its just a when. And that question won't have an answer till they are happy with their work.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
^^^ Yes, very true. I personally get tired of flashing a new rom twice a day. I don't see what the big deal is. I prefer to find one that 'just works' and keep it for as long as I can. I used DroidMod 1.0 until 2.1 came out, then I did do a flashing 'frenzy' until I settled on CM 5.0.6.2. Kept it until the froyo leak and now I'm on Sapphire 0.6.2 and will probably stay on it until CM 6.x.x.x and even then might revert back. I only like to change roms if there is some significant new feature that my phone doesn't currently have.

On another note, I am having a very bad feeling about DroidMod. I am thankful that I did a repo sync on their git last night, because everything on the 'net to do with them is now gone. The site, the forum, the IRC channel, their git repo, and their gerrit. It doesn't look good to me from where I sit. I've put out a couple of feelers to see what's up, but so far no response.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the community will be fine without them if these assumptions are true. They contributed in the beginning, but 99% of users have moved on to using other dev's work.

nmiltner

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unless they're changing everything to be branded durden instead of droidmod. Just being optomistic