Duplicate phone numbers

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
since the 4.1.2 update the phone numbers are now duplicated in the contacts. anyone know how to fix this ... hopefully w/o re-set. thxs

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
What carrier are you with? If vzw one set is probably linked to vzw backup and the other to you Google account. You can look at the contacts and see where they are linked from.

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
if you install "go contacts ex", you can merge duplicates. i dont know if they will stay merged if you decide not to keep the app though.

OP
LadyPhoenix

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
What carrier are you with? If vzw one set is probably linked to vzw backup and the other to you Google account. You can look at the contacts and see where they are linked from.

Suggested from Beer Tent Capital of the World.

thanks for reply :)

i am with Verizon.. I dont use them to back up anything. I use Google. so not sure why i am seeing 3 or 4 mutiples

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This happened to me once on my Rezound. I think it was after an FDR, and the phone synced to both the Google account numbers and some phone app I was using at the time. So not a direct answer, but to expand on what Miller said, it might also be caused by an app that probably also synced up with the Google account contacts, but then put it in its own "database," so it shows as two contacts. Good luck!

akbkstar

Reaction score
right,i dont know if they will stay merged if you decide not to keep the app though.
4igzzw