Duplicate Facebook Profiles?????

Skizz135

Reaction score
Hey all,

Have posted this before and others seem to have the same problem, but no solution yet . . . Why do I all of a sudden have 4 duplicate Facebook profiles under a contact??? and how can I fix this?

Thanks,

myriad46

Reaction score
I have 2 for each person. They both seem to go to the persons profile. It must be a bug with the way it syncs. It did it before 2.0.1 and it is still doing it after updating.

OP
S

Skizz135

Reaction score
mine started doing this about a week ago . . . kind of an annoying nuance that I would like to correct

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
How do you delete them?

You cant; you have too select which profile (doesent matter since they all lead to the persons wall anyway) is the "Default" one. After you do that, it will never pop up again.

Same thing if it happens with duplicate phone numbers

Jordie

Reaction score
I was having that problem too. I read a lot of forums and basically said to remove your facebook account, add the account and resync. It fixed mine. I haven't had any problems after that.

Mateles

Reaction score
Do you have any duplicate contacts in your gmail account when you look online? I just noticed some issues there and now I'm going through and cleaning up all my contacts (go to contacts and search for their email address, not their name).

Gmail -> Contacts -> All Contacts (at the bottom). When I went here I found a bunch of duplicates from when people would email me and I never properly added them.

Ex. Suppose I have someone called "Real Contact" as a contact and their email address is [email protected]. If you search for that email address in contacts and it appears twice, once showing their name, and once just showing their email address, then this is a problem. For one thing, I couldn't just type in their name when composing a new email and have it find their email address. Anyway, I'm finding all of these duplicates and properly adding them to the primary contact and deleting the other.

If you have duplicates of their facebook email, then maybe that's causing duplicate facebook entries?

OP
S

Skizz135

Reaction score
My contacts are not duplicated so that is not the problem. The only problem is a duplicate Facebook profile. Also not that this just started about 2 - 3 days ago so there isn't a problem with duplicate e-mail addresses or whatever in my contacts list etc . . .

Konger

Reaction score
I had the same problem but fixed it by going into Facebook app > Settings > Sync options > select "Remove Facebook Data" > exit. Then go back into the settings and reselect either "Sync all" or "Sync with existing contacts".

BostonBill

Reaction score
I had the same problem but fixed it by going into Facebook app > Settings > Sync options > select "Remove Facebook Data" > exit. Then go back into the settings and reselect either "Sync all" or "Sync with existing contacts".
thanks. Nice job of listing the steps and where to find them.