Dropped Droid Stories

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Anyone who has dropped a Droid either with a case or not, please chime in. Tell us if it survived or died. Give a couple of details. Did it have a case? What kind of case? Damage? THanks.

xRITE AIDEx

Reaction score
Mine is the ultimate story..

Me and the girlfriend went to Six flags in NJ had my phone in my pocket on kingda ka and well luckily I had my otterbox case on it. In which long story short I went on the ride(front row) felt it fall out right at the top and well it somehow survived. After the ride(with me freaking out) got some strings pulled..luckily the ride shut down a few hours later for a good 2 hours so I had some employees go get it and luckily found it!

Long story short people, love the droid for being a tank at a 425ft drop at 125mph and taking it like a champ! (luckily it had reinforcements with the otterbox)
Love it!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine has fallen a couple times off my lap onto the floor when I stand up. Wooden floor, nothing wrong with it.

My first one I went and dropped on the driveway, as I was walking to the Jeep to return it. It nicked part of the metal casing but that was it, no screen damage. The phone was mint up until 30 seconds before I took a 15 minute ride to return it for a hardware issue.

Taegost

Reaction score
Mines been dropped from my bed to the floor several times by the kitten, but that's only about 2' onto thick carpet... The other day, however, I was outside at work and it slipped out of my hand at shoulder height (about 6') onto the concrete and slid about 4' away on the screen side... I have a Seidio Innocase.
All it did was scuff up the case a bit, other then that its still cherry :)

Skytile

Reaction score
Mine is the ultimate story..

Me and the girlfriend went to Six flags in NJ had my phone in my pocket on kingda ka and well luckily I had my otterbox case on it. In which long story short I went on the ride(front row) felt it fall out right at the top and well it somehow survived. After the ride(with me freaking out) got some strings pulled..luckily the ride shut down a few hours later for a good 2 hours so I had some employees go get it and luckily found it!

Long story short people, love the droid for being a tank at a 425ft drop at 125mph and taking it like a champ! (luckily it had reinforcements with the otterbox)
Love it!!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Ahhhh! Why would you not make sure your phone was secure on a roller coaster? I had my phone with me on every single intense ride there was at Disney World. (Which is SO much more intense than anything at Six Flags. EVER. Yes. Just agree with me. :p) I made sure that on every ride, my phone was as deep in my pocket as it could go, and any time I felt like it was in danger at all, I put my hand on top of it and held onto it. Just trust the restraints.
Eh. Well maybe girl pockets keep phones in better than guy pockets. Who knows. Either way... I'm glad I'm not going to a theme park soon. I would be crazy scared.

I've dropped my phone once since I've had it. It had a case and fell on the tile as I was leaving my dorm room. Very traumatic experience. But it's still fine. XD I definitely freaked out right after it happened.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine a few times on pavement from about 3 feet - the one time even got launched a bit because of my headphones getting caught. Have the standard VZW case and not a scratch on it. Phone didn't even reset.

iPirate

Reaction score
I was moving my Droid today to put it in my desk while i stepped away and the headphones got caught and I basically slammed it into a the metal pen holder in my desk. It lived. dancedroid

Trailblazer24

Reaction score
Horrible story! My droid was in my shirt pocket, I was walking my two dogs one day, got pretty far away from the house and one of them decided to go number 2. Bent over to scoop it up, and the droid fell out and landed screen down right on top of the pile..Luckily i had a screen protector and a case on it. Regardless lots of bad words were said. :icon_eek:

brute48

Reaction score
I had mine resting on the stair rail at the top of the stairs listening to pandora. I got a call while it was on vibrate. It went of the side of the rail to the stair side of coarse. Bounced down each of the 14 stairs to the tile floor below. Landed on the edge and the battery cover came off. It kinda dinged the paint on the top left corner. Other than that it was in good shape. For a moment I thought about diving for it. The droid seems like a pretty tough phone. I sure hated getting scratches on it. I am one of those people that tries to keep things I buy in perfect shape. By the way..... no protection on the Droid. dancedroid

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have dropped mine several times.. i have normal case on it most of the time, the worst drop was i was on a roof and someone called me i pulled phone out of my pocket and it slipped hit shingles slid down roof hit concrete padio underneath and nothing hurt (case was scratched but it still being used today)​

Parrothead

Reaction score
it gets knocked off my desk every now and then, but it always survives. it's got the black silicone case on it

Sascol

Reaction score
I got mine on a Friday. Saturday I was in the garage (cement floor) and I picked it up and in doing so, it slipped out of my hand. Almost as it were in slow motion in a movie I tried to catch it. Each time I swiped at it to grab it I would just bat it around. It went up and dowm 3-4 times. Luckily I was able to pin it between my hand and my chest and I saved it. Went out the very next day and got a silicone case for it! Whew!

kylo77

Reaction score
Mine has fallen from my desk and higher and come through smiling. That would be a good app idea for the motion sensor. Sudden stops or high g-shock rating would show on the screen with some laughter in the back ground. I have the seido innocase on it.