dropped droid now my screen has a gap

ralphtrent

Reaction score
Hello
as I was trying to show a friend my new phone we (as he puts it)/ he(as i put it) fumbled the handoff. we tried to catch it but it hit the marble floor of our office. The phone still works, but i noticed that screen has a gap between the slidout out keyboard and the screen it self on the right site. It is a slight gap but when I press the back key, there is a bit of a bounce. I have only had the phone for 6 days and already i have this to deal with. It will drive me crazy. Can someone please look at their phone to see if, then the slider is closed, if there is any more of gap on the rigth side then on the left side. The side i am talking about is the side with the charger port. I may be able to get verizon to send me a new one as I have my 30 day warrenty but I may need to find something wrong with the phone. If someone can take a look and let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

AKValle26

Reaction score
I just checked and my left-bottom side has a ever-so-slightly larger gap than the other three corners. Also, I have the 'bounce' while pressing the back button, but only if I press firmly (as in, I never notice it during normal use).

That being said, I'm getting a replacement in the mail tomorrow (unrelated headphone jack issue) and I'll check the status of that one

OP
ralphtrent

ralphtrent

Reaction score
I just checked and my left-bottom side has a ever-so-slightly larger gap than the other three corners. Also, I have the 'bounce' while pressing the back button, but only if I press firmly (as in, I never notice it during normal use).

That being said, I'm getting a replacement in the mail tomorrow (unrelated headphone jack issue) and I'll check the status of that one

AKValle26 this is more of what I am seeing. it sounds like its a hit or miss type thing there some have it and some do not. I wonder if the codes behind the battery have any simularities. When you get you replacement phone take a look at that info if the gap you are seeing is on the replacement. It would be interesting to know if a batch of these got screwed up some how.

NYZ93

Reaction score
Same its not a defect
dont Stress it :)
Now if you get Dust Under your screen like me:frown: Then youll go CRAZY:mad::mad::icon_evil::icon_evil::angry::angry::censored::censored::cus::cus::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::soapbox::soapbox:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I too dropped my phone from the fireplace mantle this morning. Fell about 6 feet and it felt like eternity watching it drop and hit the floor. All I could think of was NOOOOOOOO!!! After this my whole side where the charging port is has a gap. Kind of springy there too. My wifes phone does not have this ill affect between the screen and keyboard.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same its not a defect
dont Stress it :)
Now if you get Dust Under your screen like me:frown: Then youll go CRAZY:mad::mad::icon_evil::icon_evil::angry::angry::censored::censored::cus::cus::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::soapbox::soapbox:

Not to get off topic with the OP but take your Droid and get a replacement. Dust under the screen is a legitimate warranty issue.