DroidRootPro's new features

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It now allows you to flash the new overclock kernels for 800mhz, 900mhz, 950mhz, 1ghz, and 1.1ghz. I know some people still aren't comfortable using adb to flash these new kernels, so this is a good alternative. It also offers the wifi fix in case the new kernels messes yours up. Have fun folks!

52brandon

Reaction score
Nice. I loved the droid root helper and the new features sound even more convenient than before

baniels

Reaction score
I rooted my phone pretty shortly after getting it. I fell for the 2.1 hype earlier this month and unrooted. Overclocking is drawing me back to the notion. Thanks for the heads-up on this update.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not to steal their thunder ... but my patcher also can flash all of the OC kernels ... :)

ucpro

Reaction score
i can't get it to go to 950mhz, it reboots to recovery and that's it. when it boots back up i'm still @ 800

lores35

Reaction score
Had to reinstall RootPro and am having a problem getting it up and running. Followed all the instructions but when I try to reboot recovery from RootPro menu I get the triangle exclamation and the following error message: "E:Can't Open /cache/recovery/command". Any suggestions? Thanks.

Amall

Reaction score
Can I install one of the OC kernels with the newest Sholes? I don't thing I've read a definitive answer to this questions yet, and I really want to, but I don't want to mess up my Sholes ROM when it's running so well...

OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I install one of the OC kernels with the newest Sholes? I don't thing I've read a definitive answer to this questions yet, and I really want to, but I don't want to mess up my Sholes ROM when it's running so well...

Yes sir, you're good to go man. I'm running Sholes vs 1.2 at 1ghz. I have also used sholes with all the other clock speeds without any issues.

Mayze

Reaction score
It now allows you to flash the new overclock kernels for 800mhz, 900mhz, 950mhz, 1ghz, and 1.1ghz. I know some people still aren't comfortable using adb to flash these new kernels, so this is a good alternative. It also offers the wifi fix in case the new kernels messes yours up. Have fun folks!

I just installed it and flashed the 800mhz overclock kernel. My wifi isn't working. I've tried the wifi fix button but it still doesn't work. A message pops up saying it is fixed but no change. Is there another way to get it to work?

kevdog

Reaction score
Mayze

It depends what kernel you are running!!!! Its not recommended to mix the Sholes distro with the Taz kernel if you know what I mean!

Mayze

Reaction score
Mayze

It depends what kernel you are running!!!! Its not recommended to mix the Sholes distro with the Taz kernel if you know what I mean!

I'm running whichever kernel is used in Droidrootpro. I haven't mixed anything

bL33d

Reaction score
Did u reboot? i installed wifi fix then rebooted and wifi worked :)

What is jit is it useable i hears it is unstable?

Mayze

Reaction score
Yes I've rebooted several times and have done a few battery pulls. Is there a way for me to go back to my default settings? I would rather have my wifi than overclocked.