droidforums app?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some app dev experience on another platform. From what I have seen of the process of designing apps for android, I should be able to make an app without too much trouble.

Someone brought up the idea of an app for this forum. If anyone else would be interested in helping witht he development of this app, let me know. Of course, we need the source code for 2.0 but we should be able to start with a previous set.

Also, for admins: Who would I need to speak to for permissions to develop this app? The opinions and direction of the app would be highly influenced by the people running the site.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some app dev experience on another platform. From what I have seen of the process of designing apps for android, I should be able to make an app without too much trouble.

Someone brought up the idea of an app for this forum. If anyone else would be interested in helping witht he development of this app, let me know. Of course, we need the source code for 2.0 but we should be able to start with a previous set.

Also, for admins: Who would I need to speak to for permissions to develop this app? The opinions and direction of the app would be highly influenced by the people running the site.

PM jondroid or dandroid about it. See what they say. Once you get the ok repost it here

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info. :)

searayman

Reaction score
i would love an android app! And have it notify you of replies instead of emailing you!

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i would love an android app! And have it notify you of replies instead of emailing you!

Thats a very good idea. I thought of that. As well as a widget with a stream of new posts or something close to that.

Any ideas from people would be great as well!

Randomocity

Reaction score
Good idea sir! I look forward to your endeavor. Notifications would definitely be a nice feature. Going on that feature, a list of threads you're subscribing to, as well as ones that you've posted on would be great!

Best of luck!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
great here comes the Droid addiction

I'll never be off these forums now.

Bad idea Erron....VERY bad.....I don't think you should do it....................

when will it be done?

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
great here comes the Droid addiction

I'll never be off these forums now.

Bad idea Erron....VERY bad.....I don't think you should do it....................

when will it be done?

LOL No kidding, Right?

I will try to work with a 1.5 sdk and see how I can start. Making it work perfectly with 2.0 may or may not need the release of the source code.

thrty6

Reaction score
Hey buddy let me know if you need any help with that source code, im currently working on a few apps myself...(trying to get the damn dual LEDs to torch :blink:)

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey buddy let me know if you need any help with that source code, im currently working on a few apps myself...(trying to get the damn dual LEDs to torch :blink:)

OK, I will do. Maybe we can set up some sort of guerrilla dev group.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great Idea! I think a good mobile interface for the photo gallery would be a good idea as well. I would love to help out, just don't know much about programming. We can certainly spread the word and see if we can get a small team together.

Who else would be interested?

thrty6

Reaction score
sounds awesome...ive been programming for quite some time now and just started with the android platform so im not quite polished, but im pretty awesome with computer graphics haha
I would definitely be all in for this...
ps sweet name dandroid haha my name is Dan as well

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Excellent I like the idea of having a group of us to help with development. Its always good to have many forms of input. Can we all get each others IM or something where we can get together online to brainstorm?

I have been in contact with JohnDroid and he is on board with the idea.

sounds awesome...ive been programming for quite some time now and just started with the android platform so im not quite polished, but im pretty awesome with computer graphics haha
I would definitely be all in for this...
ps sweet name dandroid haha my name is Dan as well