Droid X

jkevinmcg

Reaction score
Hi

Have been a BB user for many years. Just switched from a BB Storm to the X. Hoping I won't end up bringing it back. Although I loved the first Droid (with the slide out keyboard), I returned it right after I got it a few months back as the battery and email management were brutal. This battery looks to be better and I'm handling the email differently so I'm hoping to stay on board as I love the screen and all the apps.

Kevin

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome, I will say that my X blows any BB I had away by a long shot.

Hopefully we can help you keep this Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome, I will say that my X blows any BB I had away by a long shot.

Hopefully we can help you keep this Droid.

:)
Thanks! I am more optimistic at this stage than I was with my first Droid.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

I don't know what could be different about the email on the X and the first Droid, and I have to say battery wise there was little difference between the Storm 1/2 and the Droid. I find with almost every new smart phone battery life gets a little worst, not better but hey, maybe X does have an edge.

Glad to have you here. If you need any help finding anything please let us know.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Come on Hook....It's the X, It's just better ;) :D

OP
J

jkevinmcg

Reaction score
Thanks. I invoked the smart profile:face down feature and after testing it, I can't get back to the ring tones. Also the double tap to silence does not work. I have a call in with Motorola support and they are supposed to call me back but it has been 4 hours. Can't find this issue on the forum anywhere either. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

OP
J

jkevinmcg

Reaction score
Meaning all calls only vibrate. Even though i have ring tones set, the phone does not ring.

mge_1

Reaction score
Hi

Have been a BB user for many years. Just switched from a BB Storm to the X. Hoping I won't end up bringing it back. Although I loved the first Droid (with the slide out keyboard), I returned it right after I got it a few months back as the battery and email management were brutal. This battery looks to be better and I'm handling the email differently so I'm hoping to stay on board as I love the screen and all the apps.

Kevin

Still using my Storm right now but when I get home, I heard my new Droid X was delivered today. Can't wait.

Take care folks.

lynngor70458

Reaction score
Had the same problem with the face down issue and had to do a factory reset which erased everything but contacts.

OP
J

jkevinmcg

Reaction score
I spent about 30 minutes with Verizon; no luck. I will wait for the new update to be pushed to my phone, according to VZ that should happen soon as it was released yesterday, and then will see what the result is and report back. I love the phone but I need it to ring. How they could miss this in testing is beyond me. I wonder what else is lurking? Unfortunately I will return it if that doesn't work.