Droid X software update trouble

TXGun

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of trouble with updating to the new X2 software (or gingerbread, or 2.3.3 or whatever). Every time I go to "about phone" and "system updates" it says "checking for updates... please wait" then tells me that "check for update was not available at this time." It's happened every time. My friend has a droid X too, only his updated the first time. My phone is currently on 2.2.1 software. What am I or my phone doing wrong?

NOTE: i'm only 15, and am extremely intelligent, just not with this stuff. Keep the jargon to a minimum.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

michael101108

Reaction score
try this, press menu, settings, battery and data manager, data delivery and make sure background data is on. this automatically made it work on my droid x. let me know if it works or not and ill do my best to help. also, have you tried updating over wifi? some people were able to get it to work that way too.

OP
T

TXGun

Reaction score
Well, background data was already on. Tried wifi last night, all it did was keep saying "checking for update, please wait" or whatever. Didn't do anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums