Droid X Scavenger Hunt Now Official - Explorers, Take Your Mark!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
droiddoes_bigger.jpg

On June 21st, a mysterious Twitter account appeared, by the name of DroidLanding, which seemed to be affiliated with Verizon/Motorola and its upcoming Droid X. The first tweet, a rather mysterious one:

DroidLanding REPORT: Droid X units have escaped! Get the stats on them at http://www.droiddoes.com . Forewarned is forearmed. 2:22 PM Jun 21st via HootSuite
So, over the past 2+ weeks, DroidLanding has slowly been leaking hints as to where Droid Xs' are "landing." These clues seemed to fit a scavenger hunt. And yet other theorists surmised these tweets may have something to do with early released Droid X's in Alabama yesterday.

Well today, Verizon Wireless officially announced the Droid X Scavenger Hunt, and as such has recognized the validity of DroidLanding (and now we know, this has nothing to do with the Droid Xs' arriving early in Alabama). Scattered across the nation are 21 certificates, each redeemable for a brand-new Droid X at launch (on July 15th). DroidLanding will be tweeting clues on a regular basis, up until just before launch. The final clue will be GPS coordinates of the certificates, and contestants will have four hours to retrieve the certificates.

Here is an excerpt from Verizon's Official Rules:

1. Sweepstakes Period:The Verizon Wireless Droid Scavenger Hunt (the "Promotion") begins 12:00:01 Eastern Time ("ET") on July 7, 2010 and ends 11:59:59 ET on July 15, 2010 (the "Promotion Period").

2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older as of July 7, 2010. Employees of Verizon Wireless (the "Sponsor"), McGarry Bowen, Marketing Werks, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively "Sponsor and its Parties") and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each, are not eligible to participate or win.

3. How to Participate in the Promotion and Claim a Prize:During the Promotion Period, there will be a Scavenger Hunt, where 21 Certificates for a free Droid Phone will be hidden across the country. Clues as to where the 21 Droid Certificates ("Certificates") will be hidden will be tweeted on a regular basis from @DroidLanding. To view the tweets, visit DroidLanding (DroidLanding) on Twitter. Dates and times of Certificate placement will vary, but the final clue of each GPS location for each Certificate will be tweeted at the time it is hidden. Participants will have 4 hours from the time of the posting of the final clue to find the Certificate and once it is found, follow the instructions on the Certificate to claim their prizes, subject to verification. In the event two (2) or more participants find a Certificate at the exact same time, Sponsor representative will conduct a random drawing from among all those that found the Certificate to determine the winner. Prizes unclaimed within 4 hours from the time of the posting of the final clue will be randomly awarded (in Sponsor representative’s sole discretion) to an eligible person in the vicinity of the hidden Certificate. By participating, you understand, and will agree in writing, that if you find a Certificate or are randomly awarded an unclaimed prize, Sponsor’s representatives will be on site to videotape and/or photograph and record the event, in their sole discretion. Therefore, if you find a Certificate, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, re-arrange, change (including blurring any trademarked items on clothing), add to or delete from, translate, adapt, or otherwise revise and/or alter the video footage, photographs, or material developed ("Footage"), publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Footage, for editorial, commercial or promotional purposes, in their sole discretion.
Sounds like fun? Follow @DroidLanding, and pay attention to the clues! Make sure you read the complete Official Rules here before attempting to scavenge.

Thanks diebold for the tip
Source: Verizon Wireless

For an updated listing of the clues follow: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...57303-twitter-droid-x-clues-easy-reading.htmlhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/53368-new-droid-x-twitter-clue-14.html

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well I am pretty sure they will be in major metropolitan areas so I am not even gonna bother. Can't see them planting one at Dover Downs, Dover Air Force Base or at the statue of Ceaser Rodney. LOL

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
man i dont live in Miami anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe Orlando though its close enough

VitsDroid

Reaction score
it would be nice if they at least gave a state since there is only 21 certificates and 50 states.

My Guesses

1. LA
2. San Francisco
3.Portland
4.Seattle
5.Huston
6.Denver
7.Las Vegas
8.Phoenix
9.Chicago
10.New York City
11. Washington DC
12.Miami
13.Nashville
14.Phili
15.Indianapolis
16.Cleveland
17.Boston
18.Jersey
19.Atlanta
20.Minneapolis
21.New Orleans

VitsDroid

Reaction score
it would be nice if they at least gave a state since there is only 21 certificates and 50 states.

My Guesses

1. LA
2. San Francisco
3.Portland
4.Seattle
5.Huston
6.Denver
7.Las Vegas
8.Phoenix
9.Chicago
10.New York City
11. Washington DC
12.Miami
13.Nashville
14.Phili
15.Indianapolis
16.Cleveland
17.Boston
18.Jersey
19.Atlanta
20.Minneapolis
21.New Orleans

I put this up before seeing the twitter, so these are just wild guesses and some are wrong after reading the twitter clues.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

My Guesses

1. LA
2. San Francisco
3.Portland
4.Seattle
5.Huston
6.Denver
7.Las Vegas
8.Phoenix
9.Chicago
10.New York City
11. Washington DC
12.Miami
13.Nashville
14.Phili
15.Indianapolis
16.Cleveland
17.Boston
18.Jersey
19.Atlanta
20.Minneapolis
21.New Orleans

I put this up before seeing the twitter, so these are just wild guesses and some are wrong after reading the twitter clues.

which one do you think is in phoenix??

papy72

Reaction score
Based on the twitter clues there is definitely one in southern Florida.

sic0048

Reaction score
Damn, one in DC. i was hopin for Baltimore. DC is close enough though!

Close enough for what? Do you really think you will have time to drive to DC and find it before anyone else does after there is a clue good enough to pinpoint it's location?