Droid X Rooted, can't remove two apps

whec716

Reaction score
Guys,
I can't seem to get the Kindle, and social networking apps to uninstall. any ideas?

i've tried in uninstaller to see if their were updates, but there were not.

Regards

czm2000

Reaction score
Not a good idea to try and remove the social networking apps. You could brick your phone. Don't mess with anything Moto related, or blur related. Just advice.

Sent from my DROIDX

omnicious

Reaction score
Some people have complained of having a hard time finding the apk for the Kindle app. I would suggest searching the forums here and at droidxforums.com

flipnduc

Reaction score
use root explorer to delete or rename the file.

the kindle apk is located at:
system/app/redding-7648-signed-zipped.apk

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
tried to delete that kindle file, does not work.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
I use android mate and I've deleted all the other apps with it - but for these two, it says it's read only.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
i have tried it with root explorer. in fact that is the program that told me it is read only.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
tried that too.

perhaps i should reinstall everything and the unroot, and do the process over again.

is their 1 zip file that i can extract into the system/app folder that will ensure i have everything back?

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
go to data/app and rename it there. that will remove it. I had to do it from there to get rid of Amazon Store and Kindle.

that worked for the Kindle app - thank you.

Still have the social networking app - didn't even see it in data/app

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm working on the social networking app right now. I'm not really a social person. Facebook isn't that important to me and i've never used it. if i get rid of it, i'll let you know how.

OP
W

whec716

Reaction score
I'm working on the social networking app right now. I'm not really a social person. Facebook isn't that important to me and i've never used it. if i get rid of it, i'll let you know how.

Thank you - facebook is not my thing either. the people i want to know what i'm doing already know!