droid x rom

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
So I recently picked up a droid x and i finally rooted it yesterday. I tried two roms, liquidgingerbreadx 2.4 and liberty 0.8. Both of them boot looped for some reason so i just re flashed my phone using the sbf linux thing. I really want a rom loaded on here but i dont want to have to go through that process again. I am very familiar with rooting the droid 1 but the droid x seem quite a bit different. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what i might be doing wrong, or if anyone has some solid roms they know because i am kinda unfamiliar with the droid x roms. Also i am on version .596

Thanks in advance

milski65

Reaction score
Is that the rooted version of 596 or the ota? If it's rooted the go to my droid world and check out Darkslide X. Great 596 rom. Completely stable, killer battery life and no hassles. You won't be able to do much on customization, but once it's on it's problem free.

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
thanks for the response It is the rooted version of .596 i know that. But I am getting a weird symptom ever rom i have tried. (APEX 2.0, Liquid 2.4, Liberty.8) have all boot looped. I cant seem to avoid it, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Last edited:

bigaaron84

Reaction score
Did you do a data wipe after installing the rom in clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
I don't think so actually... are you supposed to? All I am doing is bootstrapping into recovery and installing the zip file. when its done i just reboot the phone. Am I missing a step?

bigaaron84

Reaction score
Everytime you install a new rom you must do a data wipe or you will get stuck in a boot loop

bigaaron84

Reaction score
After you install the Rome in clockwork before you hit reboot device hit date wipe first then reboot and you shout be good to go. You always swans wipe the old stuff out

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
also i just tried installing darkslide and then Data wiped it AFTER, i didnt even get to the boot logo so i will try again after I sbf, root and stuff and ill try BEFORE.

bigaaron84

Reaction score
Hmm I have not tried the darkslide rom yet. I have used apex and I am on liberty 2.0 right now. I have forgot to data wipe before and got stuck I a boot loop and just rebooted and wiped and I was good. Maybe the rom itself is the problem. Maybe try apex or liberty and see what happens

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
Hmm I have not tried the darkslide rom yet. I have used apex and I am on liberty 2.0 right now. I have forgot to data wipe before and got stuck I a boot loop and just rebooted and wiped and I was good. Maybe the rom itself is the problem. Maybe try apex or liberty and see what happens

I have tried those but i will try them again with this new method of data wiping before and after.

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
All is good I'm running apex now any way to get the new market apk working on it tho?

milski65

Reaction score
Don't apex and liberty run on froyo? Maybe your issue is trying to flash a froyo rom while on gb and vice versus. Not sure where you're flashing.

bigaaron84

Reaction score
Ok so I just downloaded the new market app and all is good. Just google new android market app and download and install and ur good