Droid X Presales Resume

lukem

Reaction score
Notice they aren't guaranteeing you'll get the phone though. I was the first one to preorder last Friday at my store. I just called and they said I'm not guaranteed either. She said no manager was there for me to talk to so I'll be heading in tomorrow morning to figure out what is going on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

didiwags

Reaction score
Wow so now they may not be guaranteeing those who pre-order right away!!! Glad I will be ordering online through Verizon! I am willing to wait a day so I know I can get it!!

lukem

Reaction score
Yea I'm fairly pissed right now. I thought that was what a preorder was for. Ill just order it from verizon if it is available on the 15 and demand I get my 50 back and give them their gift card. I have an idea of what they can do with that card. Shove it!

didiwags

Reaction score
Hopefully the Best Buy guy just did not know what he was talking about!! Good Luck!

hoax

Reaction score
Yea I'm fairly pissed right now. I thought that was what a preorder was for. Ill just order it from verizon if it is available on the 15 and demand I get my 50 back and give them their gift card. I have an idea of what they can do with that card. Shove it!

I don't get why your pissed. No one is guaranteed to get a phone. I'm #1 on the list at my local store and I'm not guaranteed to get a phone.

lukem

Reaction score
Well, I was pissed, until I got home and read the fine print on the preorder form. The reason I was is because the sales guy told me I would be getting it on the 15th when I ordered it so that's just what I assumed. And also the fact that they chick I just spoke to gave me major attitude. I'm just going to wait and see what happens. If they can't confirm that I'll have it on the 15th a couple days before that then I'll just try to get one from a Verizon store. I can always use the $50 gift card for some printer ink.

droid-x-pre-order-no-guarantee.jpg

This pre-sale is a confirmation that the DROID X by Motorola will be reserved in your name. Phones will be allocated to customers in the order that they were received. Due to the sometimes unpredictable nature of pre-sales versus inventory availability, we cannot guarantee the Droid X by Motorola will be available for all previously placed pre-orders on the day of launch.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best Buy has never guaranteed preorders. It's not just for this phone. iPhones, original Droids, Evos, everything. I preordered my original Droid last November and had no problems getting it on release day. I placed my preorder for the X last week and I'm not too worried about it.

Goalier95

Reaction score
I just like the fact that there is no $100 rebate and that Best Buy is selling it @ $199.

chameleocat

Reaction score
presale issue

So i was the 7th person to pre-order the X and your telling me i'm not even guaranteed a device! What kind of crap is that! I thought to purpose of a "pre-order" was to insure you get the device on launch day! Guess best buy has a different view on the term "pre order".

mph122074

Reaction score
So i was the 7th person to pre-order the X and your telling me i'm not even guaranteed a device! What kind of crap is that! I thought to purpose of a "pre-order" was to insure you get the device on launch day! Guess best buy has a different view on the term "pre order".

No what is happening Is anyone who pre-ordered in the first round will get their device as promised... but if you ordered in this next round you will not be guaranteed a device... that is what my understanding of the situation is...

lukem

Reaction score
No what is happening Is anyone who pre-ordered in the first round will get their device as promised... but if you ordered in this next round you will not be guaranteed a device... that is what my understanding of the situation is...

No, that is not correct. Anyone who pre-ordered is not guaranteed to get the device. Just look at the terms in the flyer that I posted on page one. I was the first one to pre-order at my store.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You are not guaranteed a device on launch day even if you are first on the list. Anything could happen. Shipment could get lost. The store in your area is at the bottom of the corporate sales numbers so they may not get any of the first shipments. Anything can happen. I would hope that every store gets at least 5-10 units. But who knows. If my local store only gets 2, I am SOL.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
So my understanding...

NOBODY is GUARANTEED to get a phone at all via the BB pre-order. HOWEVER, with that said, if you pre-ordered in the first round, you WILL get it even though they're not guaranteeing it. If you ordered in the second go-round, then you MIGHT get it. The first go-round was them trying to pre-sell all of the phones they expected to be getting in. Since that pre-order went so well, they tried to increase the number that they'd be getting in with no guarantees on how many extras they get in. With that said, they are getting some extras in, so they're opening pre-orders on an even less-guaranteed basis this second go-round.

Again, NOBODY is GUARANTEED anything but unless they sold more than they were supposed to the first time around (and yes, some of the stores screwed up on that, I'm sure - hence the non-guarantee), you will get it. If you pre-order the second time, you might get it.