Droid X or Droid Incredible?

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
So I ordered my Incredible about a week ago, and have called like they told me to for the tracking number. To pass the time, I have been looking through the forum, to learn what to expect when I get the phone.

What I have learned so far:
- Battery Life sucks
- Charging the battery sucks
- Turn off most of the features to help the battery last
- Waiting for the phone is supposed to be worth it
- Possibly being killed by Verizon

As my luck would have it, I browse the forums the day after ordering, and see posts about the Droid X coming out next month, around the time I should get my Incredible. So now I am thinking of how I should have waited a little longer. I know that I have 30 days to return the Inc if I choose not to keep it. I am really interested in the Droid X and would like to have more info on it before flat out making that decision. So far some of the benefits I have seen are:
- Possibly a 720MHz Processor (Slightly slower than Inc, but should save a little battery power)
- Possibly a 1GHz Processor (Same as the Inc)
- Larger stock battery (No need to buy a new one right away)
- Battery saving mode (so I can turn it on and off when needed)
- Larger screen
- Bigger (I have big hands = better to have bigger phone)
- Should have better stocking since Moto has had the screens for a while

I guess we will see how amazed I am with the Incredible.

Any thoughts or comments are welcomed, I am sure there are others sitting on the fence, especially since the ship date for the Incredible is around the alleged release date of the Droid X. Also, CS told me that they might not be taking preorders for the X after the Incredible backorder that was experienced with HTC's newest releases.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait for the official specs to come out.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Imo the only reason why you would choose the Incredible over the X is
a) Sense UI
b) It's more compact
Other than that, X is a better phone pretty much, according to the current info we have.

rsarno

Reaction score
i thought i read somewhere the camera had issues?

everything i read says the camera on the dinc is just flawless. That alone is invaluable to me.

kmo

Reaction score
Reviews are great, this one is better than that one. It's a good thing to hear what the reviews are before the phone hits. It's a starting point, means nothing until the unit hits the market and we see some real world results that will determine it's staying power or demise. It's all about the user. We're all different with lots of varied preferences to what we like. That's why we see so many options in devices and so many phones coming and going all the time.

atthehop

Reaction score
I got my DI back when you can pre order. It's great, everyone in this forum helped me get good battery life, and personally I don't look back. If you do it will only drive you crazy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid X. IMHO it's an Android phone unless it comes from Motorola. Incredible is in short supply and being discontinued. I wouldn't bother with it.

OP

2010 ZR1

Reaction score
Droid X. IMHO it's an Android phone unless it comes from Motorola. Incredible is in short supply and being discontinued. I wouldn't bother with it.

Has that been confirmed or is that just a rumor?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Mojo

Reaction score
I am positive its not being discontinued. But, it is in short supply for sure. And because of that, and that alone I would wait for the Droid X. It would suck if you got the Droid inc and got a lemon... you might be waiting a while to get a replacement.

BewareOfButtlice

Reaction score
i highly doubt verizon would discontinue a phone with such a huge backorder list. That a LOT of profit and knowing verizon for nickel and diming people, they will keep the phone. I would rather have the inc over the x or d2.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid X, hands down. I had no intentions of selling my Droid when the Incredible was released. Ever since the X popped up, I have been trying to talk myself out of selling the Droid. Buy the best that is available while you can because it will be considered old news within a couple months of being released.

him

Reaction score
Get the X....motorola build quality tends to be a lot better than HTC...In my experience.

CongoJack90

Reaction score
TI OMAP processors are quicker at the same clock speed compared to qualcomm chips. And hdmi out sweetens the deal more imo. I'm selling my droid ASAP to try and get the X.