Droid X Motorola Multi-Touch keyboard...

OP
bd1212

bd1212

Reaction score
did u download 'droid x bootstrapper'...? You need to download that in the market. btw i dont even think multi touch works on focused but if it works...id like to know

ok i was wrong...multitouch is working perfectly....i downloaded the zip file from here....Android Mods | WJD Designs

threw it on the root of sd card...rebooted into recovery...installed the zip file...looking good!
I tried to get this multi touch to work but i couldn't. It appeared to install ok but every time i choose the MT KB it would go into a force close loop...any suggestions? Also in the keyboard list it would show three keyboards..swype, android, and multitouch..not sure if it was supposed to do that or not

The only way I got around it was to restore from a backup. Everything else I tried, failed.

Reaction score
did u download 'droid x bootstrapper'...? You need to download that in the market. btw i dont even think multi touch works on focused but if it works...id like to know

ok i was wrong...multitouch is working perfectly....i downloaded the zip file from here....Android Mods | WJD Designs

threw it on the root of sd card...rebooted into recovery...installed the zip file...looking good!
I tried to get this multi touch to work but i couldn't. It appeared to install ok but every time i choose the MT KB it would go into a force close loop...any suggestions? Also in the keyboard list it would show three keyboards..swype, android, and multitouch..not sure if it was supposed to do that or not

-Reboot into recovery, wipe data/cache and restore to your latest nandroid
-Once that is done, go into rom manager and select CHANGE OPTIONS FOCUSED 1.0
-Hit the download button and then select the default Focused Keyboard. Then when it asks you for the camera install whichever one you want (I installed the blur camera from fission so I didn't care).
-Do NOT wipe data or cache and then let rom manager reboot you into clockwork and do the rest.
-You should now have the box stock multi touch keyboard that comes loaded onto the X from Verizon.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
all you gotta do is move the LatinIME.apk into system... You dont need to restore to get your keyboard back... you also have swype installed beside MT so long press a text input field and switch to swype to use Root explorer or Terminal to push the file.. Search first!

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
all you gotta do is move the LatinIME.apk into system... You dont need to restore to get your keyboard back... you also have swype installed beside MT so long press a text input field and switch to swype to use Root explorer or Terminal to push the file.. Search first!

you also need to replace the lib file, otherwise, it won't work.