Droid X Launcher Pro widget problem

rboutin2

Reaction score
Hi all. I was wondering. Anyone else have issues with putting the contact widgets ono a launcher pro homescreen? They work fine on the stock hoemscreen, but when I put one on the launcher pro homescreen, I cant resize it, or add the text and dialer buttons to it.

papy72

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you are seeing the effect of ninjaBlur. I'd bet they can only be resized on the stock Droid X homescreen.

johaBBa

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm seeing the same thing on my Droid X with Helix and Launcher Pro.

I just wanted 7 screens...

Elkay

Reaction score
Welp, this effectively made LauncherPro useless to me. Time to uninstall. Sucks, because I was already really loving it. Can't seem to resize any of the widgets I used to be able to resize.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm seeing the same thing on my Droid X with Helix and Launcher Pro.

I just wanted 7 screens...

doesn't the droid x have 7 screens?

and usually when a company puts a new UI(blur or senseui) on top of android, all the cool tweaks they do will not transfer over to other launchers. you usually can't use their special widgets either.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can have 7 screens with LauncherPro. All Motorola widgets and the ability to resize them can only be used with the stock launcher.

chanatown

Reaction score
Yeah, I was initially bummed about this as well. I chose to go with a separate widget for contacts in the end (recent contacts, I think).

I'd love to see resizable widgets in LP someday. More reflections on LP here.

Elkay

Reaction score
Well I decided to stick it out. I'm 95% happy now. I bought the full version and I'm using the People widget instead of individual quick contact widgets. It's a few more clicks and it pulls FB up in the browser instead of an app, but I get to the information I want to see. The only thing I haven't gotten visually as I want is the sticky note widget which defaults to 2x2 and I'd like it 4x3. I can deal with that for the moment.