Droid X lagging a little

carrs3

Reaction score
Ok so ive had the droid X since day 1 and i love it. It wasnt laggy when i first had it, however, about a month or so ago it start being a little laggy. It started this before 2.2, so i dont think that has anything to do with that.

When i scroll through my homescreens, its not as fast as ive seen on some videos, or even as fast as when i first got it. It just feels bogged down to me. My unlock screen is the same way. The bar that i slide across is reallyyy laggy, and it wasnt like this for the pre-2.2 update lock screen. Its really just the homescreens and lock screen that do this, the rest of the phone is perfect and quick.

Oh and also, im NOT rooted, and i dont use task killers just because ive read that im better off without them. I just want to know how to fix this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
just do a wipe, i do one every so often on my droid and it helps alot.

cpinto

Reaction score
Ok so ive had the droid X since day 1 and i love it. It wasnt laggy when i first had it, however, about a month or so ago it start being a little laggy. It started this before 2.2, so i dont think that has anything to do with that.

When i scroll through my homescreens, its not as fast as ive seen on some videos, or even as fast as when i first got it. It just feels bogged down to me. My unlock screen is the same way. The bar that i slide across is reallyyy laggy, and it wasnt like this for the pre-2.2 update lock screen. Its really just the homescreens and lock screen that do this, the rest of the phone is perfect and quick.

Oh and also, im NOT rooted, and i dont use task killers just because ive read that im better off without them. I just want to know how to fix this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wow, your story is me exactly. I've noticed all scrolling is slow and jerky. Everything has slowed way way down.

So, two days ago I did a factory reset, and started from scratch.

After that, it was still just as laggy, maybe even worse. I was sooooo sorry I had done the reset, because now I had to spend hours rebuilding most everything, even after the backups restored much of it.

I manually restored the apps looking for a culprit, but nothing changed.

So a wipe or factory reset didn't work for me.

I can put my finger at the bottom of a screen of contacts and slide up. About 1/2 way the screen will stop scrolling. Seems like a memory issue.

To me this all started with 2.2

Before that the stock launcher was laggy, but launcher pro was just fine. Now it lags just as much.

Love the phone, but the laggy thing is driving me nuts.

Also getting an occasional lockup requiring a battery pull to reset.

Never had that before. After normal use, I see about 70 tasks running. With 2.1 the max I ever saw was 50.

Craig

Technoman

Reaction score
Mine stock 2.2 does not lag at all. It is slow when going from my Multi-media cradle to normal, and at times from the car cradle to norm.. but after a minute I am back to my normal operation, and NO lag.

I would suspect that you have an APP that is the culprit, but haven't found it quite yet.

Amazonfemme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VS985

Wow, your story is me exactly. I've noticed all scrolling is slow and jerky. Everything has slowed way way down.

After that, it was still just as laggy, maybe even worse. I was sooooo sorry I had done the reset, because now I had to spend hours rebuilding most everything, even after the backups restored much of it.

I can put my finger at the bottom of a screen of contacts and slide up. About 1/2 way the screen will stop scrolling. Seems like a memory issue.

Before that the stock launcher was laggy, but launcher pro was just fine. Now it lags just as much.

Never had that before. After normal use, I see about 70 tasks running. With 2.1 the max I ever saw was 50.

Craig

This story and others like it are what keep me from trying a factory reset, despite the fact that my phone has been laggy and choppy pretty much since the Froyo update. Apps that never used to forceclose do now (it happens most with NY Times, Dolphin HD, NPR, and Navigation). A light finger swipe across the screen used to be enough to scroll smoothly to my next homescreen (running LauncherPro Plus); now it hesitates unless I press a little harder and keep my finger on the screen a bit longer.

One of my biggest peeves is that my contacts will suddenly stop giving me the option to select Display Group from the Menu. All I get is a pop-up bar that says "Show" with a supposed dropdown arrow next to it, but nothing drops down. When that happens, which is every other day or so, I have to power off (and sometimes do a battery pull). Frustrating, and moreso since powering off causes my contact widgets to go kablooey and I have to resize them to fix.

I've considered wiping it completely, but I worry that won't help -- and then I'll still be stuck with a laggy phone and also have to rebuild everything.

~P~

Reaction score

Try dialing *22899 and reprogramming. It solve all of the wEiRd issues I was having after the 2.2 system update.

garath

Reaction score

Craig

Doing a factory reset seems pretty pointless if you just restore a backup of what you had on there before. It may not be the issue in your case but really, if there's an app or some combination of app/settings that is the culprit, restoring a backup would just put it back.