Droid X inventories leaked, Availability not aplenty

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
deaa9f.jpg

Rumors have been circulating over the past week or so, that Droid X inventories would be limited on its July 15th launch date. And as we approach launch date, these worries are continuing to mount. So, to give you a better idea of what to expect when you venture off for your Droid X in three days, Droid-Life has leaked the inventories of Droid X devices for the major metropolitan areas. Check out the screenshots below, to see if your local stores are listed, and where may or may not be the best place to go in the wee hours of July 15th:

First, in NYC:

Next, Los Angeles:

And Philly?

Houston?

Finally, Las Vegas:

So, take a look, and make sure the store you head to will have an ample supply, or you may be out of luck until the second shipment arrives, whenever that may be.

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

big007hed

Reaction score
Wow.... Good thing I pre-ordered from BestBuy... I wonder if they are trying to build a buzz, you figure they would have learned form thr DInc backorder issue that consumers arent big fans of having to wait

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BB told me an hour ago, that they had 100 coming to them and they were spoken for.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Wuyanks you've been a barrel of nothing but good news.:rolleyes:

Just kidding you, you gotta call them like you see them.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow Wuyanks you've been a barrel of nothing but good news.:rolleyes:

Just kidding you, you gotta call them like you see them.

pfft, i've been releasing good news all day! but with the good, comes the bad.

mac0822

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked 50 times, but...

Are these going to be available on VZW.com on the 15th or do I have go to the store if I want one?

phatkat66

Reaction score
I wonder if we can get a glimpse of this but for bb stores. I seriously doubt they can handle all of the pre-orders that came in those 5 days it was available. Maybe the last cut of those pre-orders will be disappointed.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked 50 times, but...

Are these going to be available on VZW.com on the 15th or do I have go to the store if I want one?

Not sure... I would bet you'll be able to purchase the X on VZW.com on the 15th, but nobody knows what the wait will be like. Also keep an eye out for Wirefly.com, as they usually are on top of device launches

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Local flagship store here said they were unsure of when their launch date would be still.... smaller mom and pop verizon shop said they were still waiting to find out if they would be getting any but would call me when they knew.....

Big announced launch date that isn't kept? Too many pre orders?

kpiskin

Reaction score
I really want one, but don't want to fight the lines and don't want to lose 2.2 on my phone. I'm really enjoying froyo on my droid and would hate to go back to 2.1. Maybe I'll just wait to buy until Fall when 2.2 comes out on the DX.

illoosionz

Reaction score
Damn, 45 at the Forest Hills store? and 30 at the Queens Center store?...i think i would of been safe with out a pre-order at BestBuy...

Do you know if he can get BB stock?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I really want one, but don't want to fight the lines and don't want to lose 2.2 on my phone. I'm really enjoying froyo on my droid and would hate to go back to 2.1. Maybe I'll just wait to buy until Fall when 2.2 comes out on the DX.

Fall? I thought August was the release time frame for Froyo on Droid X?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Fall? I thought August was the release time frame for Froyo on Droid X?

So far August (possibly late August) is supposed to be when the Droid X will get Froyo but we will see.