Droid x Gingerbread update problems & SD card

tbach

Reaction score
I did the new verizon update tonight of gingerbread. After the update my phone was very slow and froze, etc....Then I took out my SD card and it works great as long as I have no SD card in. Should I back up my sd card and then re-format & put it back in to help solve the problem? Any suggestions what else to do to resolve? How can I re-do the update if it got somehow corrupt?

Thanks,
Terry

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Backup the data on the SD Card and then try to reformat it.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

DuddyC

Reaction score
Same issue, I was hoping a complaint call to verizon might get me upgraded to the X2. Anyone had luck with that?

MommaV73

Reaction score
If you had a Droid X and not an X2, I doubt Verizon will offer a replacement to the X2. They will probably just send you a Certified Pre-Owned" version of your phone now...

drachels

Reaction score
same micros sd card problem

I had the same problem after the update as you described, very slow response to everything plus high battery usage. Like you, I discovered that removing the 16GB card fixed the problem. I suspect it might have something to do with the size of the card because I have a spare 2GB card laying around from an older phone and it seems to work just fine. I am able to see all the old photos on it and also play the videos on it even though they are a different format, I think.dancedroid Battery usage seems okay for two days now with the big card removed and the smaller one inserted.

Snard

Reaction score
They did finally upgrade me to the X2 but I had to jump through hoops. After sending me another X I had the exact same issues and called to complain again. They sent me a second phone. SAME ISSUE. I called a third time and they told me to go to Motorola and have them help. That sent me through the roof since I am paying them and their worthless warranty every month. After a long argument with several supervisors they agreed to send me an X2. The one they sent was a refurb and two of the buttons DIDN'T EVEN WORK!!! I have five accounts with that nickel and diming verizon and I told them that since this wasn't something I DID and I was being forced to upgrade that I would not honor them the opportunity they gave me to PAY THEM an additional $200 and extend my contract! By the way Verizon says that they have never heard of this issue and that they have no documentation on it. Long story short they are shipping me a brand new X2 today. In the mean time since they basically told me to fix it myself I DID. I rooted the phone, replaced the OS, and unlocked all the features they want to nickel and dime me for. If they don't want to help then tough, I will just help myself.