Droid X exchange corporate sync issue

caseyg

Reaction score
All, I have the droid x (LOVE IT) and can not seem to get the corp sync to work with my Zimbra server. My I.T. guy has an older droid and it syncs fine with my acount and corp sync. Defenite issue with my phone. Anyone aware of a bug with these new phones.

We set all options identical on both phones.... older droid works, new droidx does not!

Model: DROIDX
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
ERI Version: 5
PRL Version: 51926

uronacid

Reaction score
The DroidX uses SSL to connect to a corporate account even if you tell it not to. This is what I did to solve this issue. I realize this won't work for everyone, but I'm the network administrator at my company and have the ability to do the following.

1. Initially one of our employee's droidx would not connect to our exchange server even though the settings were configured properly.
  2. We have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003.
  3. I used SelfSSL to install a self assigned certificate to our Exchange IIS server.
  4. I attempted to connect to the server with the Use Secure Connection setting enabled. Success!
  5. I removed the certificate from the Exchange IIS server.
  6. I unchecked the Use Secure Connection and Verify Certificate settings for the Corporate Account I created.
  7. Voila! It works!
For now, you need to have SSL setup on your ActiveSync server in order to create a corporate account in the first place. After the account has been created, you can adjust the configuration and remove SSL from your ActiveSync server. This is clearly not a fix. Motorola needs to repair this problem ASAP as not everyone is able to do what I did in the steps listed above.

Frustrated2Death

Reaction score
Thank-you

Uronacid you're a genious!! Just wanted to thank you for your post. I'm embarrassed to say I've been talking to Verizon and Motorola support for close to two weeks trying to get 2 new DroidX's to sync with Exchange. What a complete waste of time. I've never had a problem syncing PDA's before, including other Droid models, but these two had me pulling my hair out. I tried your solution and it worked like a charm. Next time I'm skipping the calls to tech support and coming straight here.

Thank you!!

ceba

Reaction score
Exchange Question

Does Droid connect via OWA or ActiveSync