Droid X Cyanogenmod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I just got my X coming from the OG Droid 1. I was wondering if there was a ROM out there just like or super close to the Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 that is being developed for D1. I don't know much about the ROMs for this phone and would rather not find out by using the trial-n-error method. Any suggestions?

mcneilmoe

Reaction score
i would suggest liberty gb 0.7... go to market and download liberty toolbox donate... and yes it has to be donate... go to rom manager and choose nightlies.. .install 0.1 first then install 0.7...... it isnt cyanogenmod but as close as you will ever get

OP
GohanBurner

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I love the DX and all...but I really would love to have the whole black on green theme and the power strip inside of the pulldown menu and the compressed carrier logo inside of it...yadda yadda. It would be just amazing to have that on the DX.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I love the DX and all...but I really would love to have the whole black on green theme and the power strip inside of the pulldown menu and the compressed carrier logo inside of it...yadda yadda. It would be just amazing to have that on the DX.

Your never going to get that full customizability that u had with ur D1. With a locked bootloader for the DX, certain modifications arent possible. Like what was stated, get liberty. 07 and then try and find a compatible theme for what suits ur wants.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Except that you shouldn't pay for a beta.. especially a beta that will eventually become free. Download Liberty .06 or try the latest Apex alpha for Gingerbread.. if you like it then donate on your own terms

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Except that you shouldn't pay for a beta.. especially a beta that will eventually become free. Download Liberty .06 or try the latest Apex alpha for Gingerbread.. if you like it then donate on your own terms

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure im right, you need to buy the donate version to get liberty 0.6. So.. hes donating regardless.

scitzo

Reaction score

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure im right, you need to buy the donate version to get liberty 0.6. So.. hes donating regardless.

No up to 0.6 is free now posted on droidforums.net if not mistaken. 0.7 is alone in liberty toolbox

mcp770

Reaction score
Apex rc1 uses alot of aosp apps and framework. I think you would find it to be the closest rom to cyan we have on the x and it is fast with awesome battery life.

rolandct

Reaction score

No up to 0.6 is free now posted on droidforums.net if not mistaken. 0.7 is alone in liberty toolbox

Another problem the locked bootloader gives us, reduced dev support. If it was unlocked and we had more options they they be putting the software out first and collecting donations second. As someone who did donate (and does spend money in the market) I have to say for me it was a mistake to support the pay to test model, definitely buyers remorse.
If you see things like I do I would suggest running leaked(root)/stock(no root) GB until they there is a free LGB and then donate if you feel it adds value over the stock/leak.

djstarion

Reaction score
Actually, it IS coming.

[video=youtube;V5ZOLEHwfZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZOLEHwfZA]YouTube - ‪CM4DX Booting!‬‏[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.