Droid X Bluetooth issues

NR6Q

Reaction score
I just obtained a new Droid X. This phone has a whole host of problems.

My jawbone Bluetooth headset pairs up to the phone but the notification tones still stay on phone speaker. This is a real pain when in meetings.

Any ideas?

Greg

liferefugee

Reaction score
couple of questions to help pin things down a bit...

1) does your bluetooth say "connected to phone" or does it say "connected to phone and media"?

2) is your notifications setup to use the same ringer as your phone?

OP
N

NR6Q

Reaction score
Both Media and Phone are checked.

I believe the notification ringer may be different than than the phone ringer.

Greg

liferefugee

Reaction score
try using the setting to pair them together. its possible that using the phone settings will then use the bluetooth since it can handle that, where as the notifications by themselves can only use the phone speakers.

I dont pay much attention to notifications over phone vs bluetooth since I only have the bluetooth on for music or in the car, but I do have them paired and I want to say that I get the notifications jumping in over my music now and again in one of the ears.

OP
N

NR6Q

Reaction score
It appears on the X anyway that notifications do not get sent to the headset.

I guess I can just use a wired head set but it seems strange that the basic premise of these devices are being dropped.

I went back to Verizon and got a Motorola H17 and it has the same issues. I also did a master reset on my phone and that did no good either.

It is amazing how the Q was able to accomplish the basic things necessary for notification and we get to the Droids and for some reason the basics are just dropped from the package.

I use a test client that will notify me every x minutes that I have unread messages but if I am in a meeting with the phone volume turned down I have no way of getting those simple notification beeps to the headset.

I wonder if this is a Motorola issue or an android issue. Suspect Motorola.

gg

jlank

Reaction score

I guess I can just use a wired head set but it seems strange that the basic premise of these devices are being dropped.

I went back to Verizon and got a Motorola H17 and it has the same issues. I also did a master reset on my phone and that did no good either.

It is amazing how the Q was able to accomplish the basic things necessary for notification and we get to the Droids and for some reason the basics are just dropped from the package.

I use a test client that will notify me every x minutes that I have unread messages but if I am in a meeting with the phone volume turned down I have no way of getting those simple notification beeps to the headset.

gg

This is the only thing I miss from Moto Q!! None of my smart phones from Verizon since the Q have done custom ring tones thru my bluetooth.

Last edited:
OP
N

NR6Q

Reaction score
Well I guess that It may just be the way it is.

Just seems strange that the most basic way to get ring tone has been eliminated through the generations.

gg

liferefugee

Reaction score
yea, I tested it out for myself earlier just to see if I could suggest something else for you. No matter how I set things, the notifications (in this case an incoming text message) was sounded via my phone speaker.

The only suggestion I have is to seperate the ringer volume from the alert volume, and lower the setting for the alerts so you dont hear the alerts during a meeting.

Spinninghorse

Reaction score

gg

This is the only thing I miss from Moto Q!! None of my smart phones from Verizon since the Q have done custom ring tones thru my bluetooth.

AMEN!! Motorola REALLY dropped a huge ball with this. Shame on them! I also went from the Q to the Droid X and I cannot believe my Plantronics Pro can only be used for calls.

pcw

Reaction score
Same problem when trying to use my Droid X in my car with the built-in factory bluetooth ('07 Camry, JBL System). Alerts and rings continue to sound through the phone itself (and through the car speakers, but with a different ring).

Also, audio pairing is intermittent. I can hear them, but they often can't hear me. Mic audio comes and goes.

Not surprisingly, Verizon & Motorola both say it's Toyota's fault. And Toyota says it's the phone's fault. Hmmm...

All our other family cellphones work just fine in this car. (several Blackberries, LG, etc.)

Come on, Motorola, get your act together. And Verizon, you bill the Droid X as your flagship smartphone?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

gg

Notifications come through the earpiece in my Incredible. I've used several earpieces, including those named above and though its faint when music is playing, it comes through.
Is there a setting to allow notification while on a call on the X?
I had an app on my Omnia that made all sounds work on any earpiece, I think it was called bluetone but it allowed music and custom ringers to play through my bluetooth earpieces and bluetooth speaker that were non a2dp

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad