droid x apps wont download over wifi

killianss

Reaction score
Hey guys, the Motorola X is my first Droid phone, but so far I have not been able to download apps on the X via wifi. It seems that they stall on the download screen, but as soon as i switch over to 3g by turning off wifi the downloads start almost instantly. Is there any thing that I am doing wrong? I am starting to believe that there's some sort of program conflict preventing the phone from downloading while on wifi. Any tips tricks or other ideas I can try?

PEB

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I experience the same thing on my X.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
does the browser connect properly when on wifi?

PEB

Reaction score
Mine does, I can even browse the marketplace but it just wont download anything. It doesnt get past "Starting download..."

PEB

Reaction score
All other internet related functions work fine including pandora.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try going settings>apps>manage apps>market> and clear data/cache

PEB

Reaction score
Nope, didn't change anything. Just to further clarify, apps will download without issue over 3G, but when i have wifi turned on (or when in airplane mode with wifi turned on) I can do everything except download an app. Seems strange.

PEB

Reaction score
Also tried doing a force stop on the marketplace app, then clearing the cache, re-attempting download.... nothing.

Hummdis

Reaction score
I have this same problem on my and my wife's Moto DROID 1, did you ever find a solution?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

PEB

Reaction score
No, you can try doing what Abe21599 suggested but that didn't work for me.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of DX wifi issues and its a known problem with Motorola. Maybe check out Motorola's forums to see if they have any fixes.

Sent from my DROIDX

Hummdis

Reaction score
Yeah...tried that...tried Cache Cleaner, rebooting, and changing the wireless settings in the backdoor at ##7764726...none worked.

Hummdis

Reaction score
Except in my case I have two regular DROIDs, not the DROID X or Incredible. This has been going on for us since the 2.2 update.

Hummdis

Reaction score
Well, I finally got this one licked. It turns out that the proxy on my firewall was preventing the download of apps over wifi. I have just turned off the proxy and it works.

The proxy was also the cause of my inability to listen to Pandora Radio. Therefore, I'm just going to leave the proxy off.