Droid X and Gingerbread: only a small percentage of people are having issues

knighthonor

Reaction score
I just called in for my 3 DX. the Verizon person on the phone, say only a small portion of the DX users are having issues with Gingerbread.
I am curious, why is it the phones I am getting keep having issues?

is there some kind of bug bashed on location or something, in relation to Gingerbread on DX?

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I went through 4 DX's after the latest update. Massive battery life issues and reboots. Finally got a X2 replacement and that and the late update have me cruising along. I personally think there is a major issue with the last patch for the X.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

kmusmc

Reaction score
I've had some issues with the gingerbread update but nothing excessive like that, question, X2 worth it? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I've had some issues with the gingerbread update but nothing excessive like that, question, X2 worth it? I have heard a lot of mixed reviews.

For me personally, it has been. Other than an issue with the phone locking while charging during the night, which seems to have been corrected in the recent update, I have been MUCH happier with the phone. It is a solid performer.

kmusmc

Reaction score
Ok, the screen locks when you charge, that's the update? I thought it was from using a walmart charger

kevinkar

Reaction score
All you have to do is read the posts here and other Droid X forums including the Motorola Owners forum. While all phones have their issues, the Droid X has had several and more on Gingerbread. I was so frustrated with how bad the X was on GB that I reverted to Froyo and have been happy since.

The Verizon person is uninformed. There are a lot of angry unhappy users of the Droid X (sure, there are plenty of those who are totally happy) but it's impossible to know what the true percentage is. You have to assume that users of smartphones are a technical bunch and, if they have problems, know how to search and post on the internet.

All I can say is that there are a LOT of posts about problems with the X spontaneously rebooting, starting up when you just turned it off, rebooting while playing music, keyboard problems, Wi-Fi connection problems, and 1X instead of 3G connections. For every goofball who has to post "I haven't seen one issue with my X and it's wonderful" I'm sure I've seen 5-10 disgusted users. But that's true of any phone.

I also think there are a lot of faulty phones that have been "refurbished" that are not actually fixed and Verizon is simply passing on the problems to the next user of that phone. MY phone is great on Froyo but a POS on Gingerbread.

Good luck with your new one.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
All you have to do is read the posts here and other Droid X forums including the Motorola Owners forum. While all phones have their issues, the Droid X has had several and more on Gingerbread. I was so frustrated with how bad the X was on GB that I reverted to Froyo and have been happy since.

The Verizon person is uninformed. There are a lot of angry unhappy users of the Droid X (sure, there are plenty of those who are totally happy) but it's impossible to know what the true percentage is. You have to assume that users of smartphones are a technical bunch and, if they have problems, know how to search and post on the internet.

All I can say is that there are a LOT of posts about problems with the X spontaneously rebooting, starting up when you just turned it off, rebooting while playing music, keyboard problems, Wi-Fi connection problems, and 1X instead of 3G connections. For every goofball who has to post "I haven't seen one issue with my X and it's wonderful" I'm sure I've seen 5-10 disgusted users. But that's true of any phone.

I also think there are a lot of faulty phones that have been "refurbished" that are not actually fixed and Verizon is simply passing on the problems to the next user of that phone. MY phone is great on Froyo but a POS on Gingerbread.

Good luck with your new one.

I said that to him. he still said, that people who do have issues, likely would go to a forum. which is why it seem like most people are having issues on the forum, when its actually a smaller percentage less than 1

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Ok, the screen locks when you charge, that's the update? I thought it was from using a walmart charger

It was happening to me 2-3 times a week before the latest update. I would put it on to charge when I went to bed and it would be locked up when I woke in the morning. Black screen and nothing would work until I did a battery pull. It would be okay all day then. Since the latest update it has not happened at all. I happen to use all Verizon chargers, in fact the one it happened on most was one that I ordered in the media dock from Verizon for it.

en28so

Reaction score
For me GB was trash for my DROIDX until Apex rom fixed my dismal battery life and rebooting. Stability too. Apex is the man!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kevinkar

Reaction score
I said that to him. he still said, that people who do have issues, likely would go to a forum. which is why it seem like most people are having issues on the forum, when its actually a smaller percentage less than 1
Too bad Motorola doesn't release individual sales figures for their devices (I have not found any) so it's impossible to tell just what percentage of Droid X users are having issues. Some just live with them, some never report them, some never post, etc. So, none of us can say for sure what percentage really has problems. I'm sure the guy you spoke to also has no numbers other than his own experience to back up his claim.

valid

Reaction score
My DX is running GB and I have NO PROBS! It's rooted and overclocked. No ROM at this time.

R

RETG

Strange, last month I talked with a supervisor at Verizon and he stated, they know there are problems with GB on the X, but sorry to say he did not think anything was being done with it. So, basically you need to live with it, or get a new phone, which I will be doing very soon as soon as I get a chance to look over, in person, the new HTC Rezound, the Nexus and even (MAYBE) the Razr. However, if I go with a Razr it will be after it is being sent out with ICS.