Droid wont predict text?? =\ *HELP*

DJFrankae

Reaction score
Im not sure when it happened(because i try different rom's often). But now when i type droid cant predict my text.. not even the simple words =\. i looked in my "user dictionary" and its pretty much empty. i typed "love" and it changed it to "ludas"(one of my friends last names). im sure my girlfriend was confused, lol. i need help! any suggestions?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There isn't text predict when you type on the keyboard, only virtual.

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Not meaning to hi-jack here, but, is there any kind of app that lets you have predictive text on the hard key board? (for us non-rooters.)

Just wondering ....

ShowTime

Reaction score
Im not sure when it happened(because i try different rom's often). But now when i type droid cant predict my text.. not even the simple words =\. i looked in my "user dictionary" and its pretty much empty. i typed "love" and it changed it to "ludas"(one of my friends last names). im sure my girlfriend was confused, lol. i need help! any suggestions?

Open settings > language and keyboard > Android keyboard > and see if: Quick Fixes, Show Suggestions, and Auto-Complete are checked.

zenzi

Reaction score
Not meaning to hi-jack here, but, is there any kind of app that lets you have predictive text on the hard key board? (for us non-rooters.)

Just wondering ....
Better Keyboard has an option for that.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I have several skins of Better Keyboard, and none of them predict text. I was quite certain that they did before the 2.1 update (and the default Android keyboard certainly does), but that feature is not working now, and the "autocomplete function is greyed out.

jason6g

Reaction score
Better Keyboard has an option for that.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I have several skins of Better Keyboard, and none of them predict text. I was quite certain that they did before the 2.1 update (and the default Android keyboard certainly does), but that feature is not working now, and the "autocomplete function is greyed out.

swift key enables its awesome prediction for the physical keyboard.

i ran into this thread with a similar issue on a friends phone. all three of the check boxes are checked, even toggled them off n back on, and still no prediction on the virtual keyboard. it does however replace words with contacts names as described.

tried wiping data and still problem persists. threw it back to stock and all, phone is using the same rom as on my phone which works 100% - wierd stuff thats for sure.

randy10786

Reaction score
Im using Smart Keyboard and it has predictive text for the physical keyboard.

RAlcorn76

Reaction score

i was having the same problem on my DROID 4. try this, it worked for me....
go to system settings, language & input, click the gear next to Motorola Input, go to Auto correction and change it to "aggressive". Also in the Motorola Input section, I have "show correction suggestions" set to "always show". now it suggests actual words instead of names from mycontact list. Hope this helps.