Droid won't boot to the "M" help please!

Spencisaur

Reaction score
alright so I have my OG droid [rooted with super one click, cm7, and chevyno1 ulv 1.1 ghz kernel]
i love this thing and everything has been smooth, until about ten minutes ago. I had just flashed a few apk's through a .zip, everything went well. however, i went to go boot up and and the backlight turns on, flickers and loops like that continually. I can just barly see the faint outline of the "M" logo.
as you could probably immagine, this is really sucky. ive done some google searching and looked around on here and XDA with no luck as far as a soulution.
so if anyone can help it would be appriciated.

just for clarification, I cannot boot back into recovery, cm7 or the bootloader.

thank's for any help.
Spencer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
alright so I have my OG droid [rooted with super one click, cm7, and chevyno1 ulv 1.1 ghz kernel]
i love this thing and everything has been smooth, until about ten minutes ago. I had just flashed a few apk's through a .zip, everything went well. however, i went to go boot up and and the backlight turns on, flickers and loops like that continually. I can just barly see the faint outline of the "M" logo.
as you could probably immagine, this is really sucky. ive done some google searching and looked around on here and XDA with no luck as far as a soulution.
so if anyone can help it would be appriciated.

just for clarification, I cannot boot back into recovery, cm7 or the bootloader.

thank's for any help.
Spencer

Might be time to sbf!! I'm sure you already did the battery pull and wipe data again? If that doesn't work..sbf...hope you have some battery left...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Yes i did the battery pull, i cannot wipe data because i cant even get into the recovery! Computer won't recognize anything when its plugged in, no bootloader, no safe mode. Nothing.
If i have to sbf, i have to sbf.
I'm just not so sure that i will be able to if the computer can't see my phone

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Yes i did the battery pull, i cannot wipe data because i cant even get into the recovery! Computer won't recognize anything when its plugged in, no bootloader, no safe mode. Nothing.
If i have to sbf, i have to sbf.
I'm just not so sure that i will be able to if the computer can't see my phone

Well, you dl the drivers right? And put it in bootloader mode? And have the rsdlite set up with the file, and still won't recognize the phone? Sometimes the drivers are a pain in the arse...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You've tried to get to the stock recovery? And do a wipe? Or factory reset? There is a trick I've heard of too sometimes you can let it get to the bootlogo then pull the batt and cwm sometimes will show? Just making sure you exhaust all steps...

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
I'ts not a driver issue, ive sbf'd my phone before, and i still have the correct drivers, i cant get into the bootloader, it still just flashes and reboots. and because its in that state the computer won't recognize that there is even a device attached.

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
You've tried to get to the stock recovery? And do a wipe? Or factory reset? There is a trick I've heard of too sometimes you can let it get to the bootlogo then pull the batt and cwm sometimes will show? Just making sure you exhaust all steps...
done all of this, can't even get to the "m" and i'm using RZR 2.0.3 for my recovery.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'ts not a driver issue, ive sbf'd my phone before, and i still have the correct drivers, i cant get into the bootloader, it still just flashes and reboots. and because its in that state the computer won't recognize that there is even a device attached.

Oh ok...you did turn it off and hold power and up? And no bootloader? Sorry I know you know this, but just had to ask?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh ok...you did turn it off and hold power and up? And no bootloader? Sorry I know you know this, but just had to ask?

If that don't do it...I'm frickin scattered brother..

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
yep, tried that :| no dice.

i understand going through all the trivial steps, assuiming someone already did something means a lot of wasted time!

even dpad up and power = no bootloader

have you even heard of this? I sure havent.

xm0067

Reaction score
From my expieriences, if its stuck at the first logo an sbf is required, but if you can get to the second then all you need is a data/cache wipe.
Pertaining to the situation though, unless the phone won't turn on, you should always be able to get to bootloader, because that's just above hardware level.. eons below any sort of recovery.

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

xm0067

Reaction score
What? That's borderline insane friend, no offense. If it was recovery.. I would understand.. but bootloader? That is hardwired unremoveable from the system... NOTHING should stop you from getting to that

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What? That's borderline insane friend, no offense. If it was recovery.. I would understand.. but bootloader? That is hardwired unremoveable from the system... NOTHING should stop you from getting to that

Well, I hope we can figure out something..there may be another way to get you in bootloader that I'm not aware of...I would keep trying to mess with wiping in stock recovery and trying to get in bootloader..but then again you'll need that juice!

xm0067

Reaction score
Well, I hope we can figure out something..there may be another way to get you in bootloader that I'm not aware of...I would keep trying to mess with wiping in stock recovery and trying to get in bootloader..but then again you'll need that juice!

I concur. The best thing for you to do now is save your battery and keep googling, because if you fall below 60%, you're in quite a tight spot

OP
S

Spencisaur

Reaction score
for one last try, I attempted to get into the bootloader, and by the grace of god it worked! using the D-pad up+ PWR.
so now sbfing.
thanks for responding to my thread!
and thanks for the idea to SBF i wouldn't have come up with that on my own.

ANNNND we have success! Now loaded into 2.1!! ;) thanks for your help.
the community wins again!

Last edited: