Droid will not start up or boot into recovery HELP!

ladodger1717

Reaction score
I just restarted my phone and it would not load up. It cycles through the droid words and the red eye. I was trying to boot into recovery with power and x and it will not go into recovery. I have tried to leave the battery out and that does not work. I was running Bugless Beast .1 Froyo. How do I get my Motorola Droid back to normal?

Thanks,

Mike

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hi ladodger. :welcome: to the forum! i moved your thread over to the rescue squad where you might get more help. keep in mind the time tho. good luck :D

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you use rom manager and clockwork recovery?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This is a common issue with rom manager clockwork and froyo. Not sure why but a lot of time you loose your recovery using rom manager. What you gotta do now is flash the sprecovery sbf with rsdlite. Did you ever use sprecovery and possibly have a backup for it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
ladodger1717

ladodger1717

Reaction score
I have used spf recovery in the past, but I have also wiped multiple times since the last time I used it. Could you direct me to a guide about using rsd lite to fix this? Thank you.

OP
ladodger1717

ladodger1717

Reaction score
Alright. so I have found a guide I believe. I have installed RSD Lite 4.6 and the Motorola Drivers. I have also installed the SBF Recovery File ESE81. I have a problem now with RSD Lite. It is recognizing my phone after I go into bootloader, but when I find the file with the "..." and open it, the start button is greyed out. I have tried putting this file in multiple locations to try and see if that was the problem, but it is not working. What should I do from here?

Update: I put the SBF recovery file into the root of my c drive. RSD Lite is now recognizing the file. I hit the start button to run the program but it immediately fails. I get................."failed flashing process. failed flashing process. (0 x 7100). Still trying to work on this.

Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright. so I have found a guide I believe. I have installed RSD Lite 4.6 and the Motorola Drivers. I have also installed the SBF Recovery File ESE81. I have a problem now with RSD Lite. It is recognizing my phone after I go into bootloader, but when I find the file with the "..." and open it, the start button is greyed out. I have tried putting this file in multiple locations to try and see if that was the problem, but it is not working. What should I do from here?

Update: I put the SBF recovery file into the root of my c drive. RSD Lite is now recognizing the file. I hit the start button to run the program but it immediately fails. I get................."failed flashing process. failed flashing process. (0 x 7100). Still trying to work on this.

Read through the 3rd link in my signature for various solutions. Sometimes it fails yet actually does not. Try another computer if that's an option too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
before trying rsdlite, go in to rom manager and flash a previous clockwork version; preferrably the previous version. That have fixed some problems. If not then as stated the fix is rsdlite.

OP
ladodger1717

ladodger1717

Reaction score
I have tried everything you recommended and I am still not getting it to work. I have tried on Vista and 7. I will have to try on xp. I am still getting the error when I try to flash it ( 0 x 7100). I tried seeing if it worked anyway and I can not boot into recovery. My phone just keeps looping on the droid words and red eye logo. Any other suggestions? Thank you for the help.

Is it normal for RSD lite to recognize my phone as "flash se OMAP..."?

OP
ladodger1717

ladodger1717

Reaction score
before trying rsdlite, go in to rom manager and flash a previous clockwork version; preferrably the previous version. That have fixed some problems. If not then as stated the fix is rsdlite.

I would if i could get in. My droid keeps looping on red eye and droid words. It wont fully startup.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I would if i could get in. My droid keeps looping on red eye and droid words. It wont fully startup.

I'm seeing a lot of these bootloop issues with RM again. If I were you I'd also contact the developer of RM.

It wont hurt in between all this to leave the phone on charge either.

OP
ladodger1717

ladodger1717

Reaction score

I'm seeing a lot of these bootloop issues with RM again. If I were you I'd also contact the developer of RM.

It wont hurt in between all this to leave the phone on charge either.

Alright, Thanks. I have been switching off putting my phone on the charger. Thanks for your help.