Droid warrenty, Clicking touch screen

joemustang

Reaction score
Ok, so wtf is up with this phone? I returned it the first time because of a clicking screen after a month which was covered by motos warranty. I call Verizon 6 months after my warrenty phone(yesterday) and they tell me to go into the Verizon store and have them confirm the problem. IF i know Verizon they are going to tell me tough stuff. What do you guys think? I can't stand this clicking, this is not a BB Storm. I want a solid touch screen phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
It all depends on who you get at the store. One person may say "i can just give you a new (refurbished) one", one may say "you have to use your insurance since it could be from misuse" Or one could do something else like say you have to call the 800 number. From my experience with past verizon phones (i went through 4 of the original EnV and my voyager hinge broke and they made me use insurance even though it was clearly poor construction.) Each person is completely different in the stores. Remember that. I say give it a shot and if it doesn't work call the 800 number and complain enough until they do fix it.

Guchi

Reaction score
i had the same issue 3 times....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're going about this the wrong way. Instead of dealing with the store call customer service. They will send you out a refurb and you'll probably have it by Tuesday.

Verizon customer service over the phone is far better then going into a stores. Some stores vary because they are not owned by Verizon. Sometimes you just get people with attitudes. On the phone you won't get any of that and if you do you can speak to a supervisor or play CSR roulette. Either way it's your best bet to getting your Droid taken care of under warranty.

n813ca

Reaction score
always dial 611. They will get it fixed for you if you complain enough

Guchi

Reaction score
yep they will hook you up if you call in and they usually ship overnight so its quick. the store will just try to tell you thats how it is....

OP
J

joemustang

Reaction score
well I did call the first time and the lady told me to go into the store. I'll call again and hopefully I'll get a different person and see what happens.