Droid wallpaper

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

Reaction score
Aright, from what I understand, the Droid wallpaper, to have it stretch for all 3 screens is 960x864.. However, I am trying to figure out, what is the resolution of just the main home screen, the middle one. My wallpaper has an image that I want centered on the home screen, and plain black that would fill the sides.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should be the Droid's screen resolution: 480 x 854 but a wallpaper with those dimensions won't work. You'd be forced to crop it to the 960 x 854 aspect ratio. I'd suggest making the wallpaper 960 x 854 with the image centered.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah the other three screens would just have to be black or something. When I first started throwing pics on the Droid this weird resolution started to piss me off because I was so used to just centering/stretching a pic and it'd look good but now it doesn't. After a while though I found a lot of really cool backgrounds that work well with the whole three screen thing. I tend to get backgrounds where there's a slightly different pattern on each screen. My favorite though is a picture of an abandoned warehouse with the lights still on; it looks so nice and ambient and you see a different part of it on each screen which I find oddly satisfying. ;)