Droid Wallpaper

itrfan

Reaction score
Everytime i go to set an image as a wallpaper, its always too big. I set it to 950 by 854. When i go to set it as my background, the box you use to stretch it to the edges of the photo is too small. So when i set it as my wallpaper, It shows a quarter of the picture. So frustrating. Can anyone help me?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Everytime i go to set an image as a wallpaper, its always too big. I set it to 950 by 854. When i go to set it as my background, the box you use to stretch it to the edges of the photo is too small. So when i set it as my wallpaper, It shows a quarter of the picture. So frustrating. Can anyone help me?

Yea, try 860 x 480, as this is the native res of the droid!

OP
I

itrfan

Reaction score
still doesnt work, when i go to set it its too big and only shows the top half of the pic.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Correct size is 960 x 854 (w x h)

I use this size when making wallpapers and have no issue with it.

OP
I

itrfan

Reaction score
ive done that too. Everytime i go to set it, the box you drag out to set it is too small for the picture.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did you try to look at one of the stock wallpapers in Ps or somethign and make sure yours matches everything?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Correct size is 960 x 854 (w x h)

I use this size when making wallpapers and have no issue with it.

+1 for the correct dimensions!

Click "home" on this website, upper left corner, then look for "wallpapers" and choose one.

OP
I

itrfan

Reaction score
I just did that and it did the same thing. Just blew up the picture made it blurry

JP 5.56

Reaction score
You sure you can't drag the size of the crop box out any further?

OP
I

itrfan

Reaction score
It wont let me go further. It doesnt get the whole picture in the frame

butch350

Reaction score
I open up my Jasc photo editing software - create a black backround with
the dimensions of 960 x 854 - then i edit my photo to fit the black backround - merge the image - ship it to the Droid - use the orange editing box to center the picture, use the save command and I have a nice fitting wallpaper.

I'm sure there is an easier way - but I'm very anal bout stuff like wallpaper so i do the extra work. (it's my way)

nocoolname

Reaction score
Disregard, I didn't log off and my manager used my computer this afternoon.

Last edited:

JP 5.56

Reaction score
If you are using 960x854 and it should let you use it in its entirety. Do you have any apps you downloaded that manipulate backgrounds in anyway? Like one for downloading backgrounds? Are you rooted?

iancaz

Reaction score
Okay, I was having this same issue & it was driving me crazy. Before 2.1 I didn't have any "issues". So, here's the answer, when you go into "set as wallpaper" from the gallery or to choose an image from long-pressing on the homescreen, you'll get the ornage box in the middle of your image.

If you press & hold on the edge of the orange box, it'll allow you to make the box larger and/or smaller.

Hope this helps!