Droid vs Droid 2

gamble22

Reaction score
I have had the infamous loose audio jack with all 3 droid models I've owned, along with some other minor problems. Now I'm on the edge of returning this one but I've loosely heard about people getting droid 2s or droid xs.

Now it sounds both good and bad. I know the droid 2 is superior to the first in a lot of ways, but I've heard there's a little motoblur on it, and there's not too many roms for it.

I love having a huge selection of roms to pick from with the droid 1, but I don't want to end up having another headphone jack problem or something worse.

My question is, you think its worth fighting for a d2 when they're might not be a lot of roms for it? I love bugless but the d2 features seem really nice.

johntkong

Reaction score
I have the Droid and I love it. I've not had the Droid 2 but have had the Droid X. The two are similar so I can speak from experience about the ui and motoblur. Can't say that I'm a fan of it. In fact I prefer the Droid with stock Android than motoblue lite.

Hope that helps.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was running BB and UD on my old D1 before I got a D2 -- I honestly dont miss it that much, but that's just me.

Motoblur kind of sucks, but not enough for me to not be lazy do anything about it.

It's sort of up to you...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was running BB and UD on my old D1 before I got a D2 -- I honestly dont miss it that much, but that's just me.

Motoblur kind of sucks, but not enough for me to not be lazy do anything about it.

It's sort of up to you...

I too was rooted running fr22D on my D1. Now running stock d2. Works great. Motoblur? I just threw It all in the trash.

OP
gamble22

gamble22

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is it easy to remove the motoblur from droid 2?

Also anyone have any tips for getting them to ship me a droid 2? I think it wouldn't be much of a problem because this is my third droid with the same hardware issue. I might have to talk to a supervisor though, hopefully they're cool about it. And I know they don't make the droid anymore so warehouse stocks are probably zero to none.