"Droid" Voice When phone Powers on ? how do i get that back?

tootsookay

Reaction score
hey guys, im new to this ! so forgive me .. idk what i did or if i did anything.. but before when i power on my phone it would say "Droid" but now it does this beeping noise instead of Droid.. Please help how do i get this back to say Droid when it powers on !!?????..

Manigma77

Reaction score
hey guys, im new to this ! so forgive me .. idk what i did or if i did anything.. but before when i power on my phone it would say "Droid" but now it does this beeping noise instead of Droid.. Please help how do i get this back to say Droid when it powers on !!?????..

Go to settings/sound and display/ and check (sd card notifications)

I believe that's right, hope that helps.

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
UR AWESOME IT WORKED THANK U . I MUST HAVE HIT THAT TODAY WHEN I WAS MESSING WITH MY DROID... sorry forgot them in CAPS..

OP
T

tootsookay

Reaction score
Help!!!

Ok so now it doesnt say droid anymore like when u power the phone it usually says droid.. well it stopped doing that how do i get this back help please newbie here..

zakany

Reaction score
If you have your notification sound set to a sound stored on your SD card, it obviously won't play that when it's setting up your SD card on boot.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Ok so now it doesnt say droid anymore like when u power the phone it usually says droid.. well it stopped doing that how do i get this back help please newbie here..

Whatever you have set up for your notifications tone is what is going to play when you start up. Make sure in settings/sounds and display/notification ringtone is set to droid. That should make it come back.

tmaster

Reaction score
Just received a replacement droid and it will not play the droid sound on powerup.
I went into settings and set the default to DROID but I can not find any checkbox for
SD Card Notification where is this checkbox located? What menu is it in?

Perhaps its been removed in this update?

Both droids just took the new update but the replacement will not say droid

Last edited:

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Just received a replacement droid and it will not play the droid sound on powerup.
I went into settings and set the default to DROID but I can not find any checkbox for
SD Card Notification where is this checkbox located? What menu is it in?

Perhaps its been removed in this update?

It's gone from this update.

Ron W.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It can be done but you would have to be rooted to get it to say Droid again when it opens up. Mine doesn't even vibrate anymore, which is fine with me but I would like to hear the Droid opening again when I turn it onl

Nick177th

Reaction score
It can be done but you would have to be rooted to get it to say Droid again when it opens up. Mine doesn't even vibrate anymore, which is fine with me but I would like to hear the Droid opening again when I turn it onl

I'm rooted Hook. Can you tell me how to do it? If it's a long drawn out process, don't worry about it. If it's something i'm over looking that's simple, let a brotha know. I miss hearing Droooooiiiid!

tmaster

Reaction score

So the other droid does say DROOOOIIID?

Yes if your droid ws set right to say droid before the upgrade it will keep saying that. But if it was not set to say it once it takes the upgrade it can not be corrected.

Looks like I made the mistake of letting the new phone upgrade its software before I changed that setting.

Perhaps someone can create a program to change this setting or someone can tell where this setting is stored so it can be changed.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you had it set up that way before the update. They simply got rid of the SD card notification sound in 2.2