Droid users needed paid research study and app beta test

Reaction score
Paid CMU research study and app beta test for droid users

Hi all,

I'm part of a research group at Carnegie Mellon University that is currently looking for Droid users for a paid research study about social networks, location sharing, and privacy. I thought there might be some interested participants here on droidforums.

Participants will be contributing to timely academic research while testing a new location sharing app designed for the Android by Computer Scientists at CMU.

Those who complete the required tasks will be compensated with a $30 Amazon gift card, plus the chance to earn an additional bonus $40 gift card.

You must be 18 years of age or older, you must have Android OS version 1.6 or higher, and you must have a Facebook account to participate.

Families and couples with Android phones are especially welcome to join. There is no limit per household on participation.

If you're interested, please write [email protected]

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:
OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks! Just replied to you with details! Let me know if you have any questions.

Justin

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks mslal. I just got your email and sent you some more info. I hope you consider joining. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any trouble getting set up.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll give this a test spin and poke a stick at it for you Justin. I just signed up.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks christim!

we're working on fixing that login bug you found. if anyone happens to gett an error on FB login, try to refresh the browser and try again. if this fails please contact me and I'll work to fix it.

thanks everyone for you help,
Justin

serveitup911

Reaction score
I'm interested in the study, but I have held off to test the waters a bit. There is a 99% chance that this is legit and fine, but in my mind, you can't be too cautious on the web. Is everyone getting good vibes about this? Please don't take this as an insult at all - I have just seen some weird stuff on forums before. What else can you tell us? I would prefer not to give out my email until I know more.

Thanks for understanding, and I hope I can participate.

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi serveitup911,

I don't take this as an insult at all. I actually commend you for being cautious about this sort of thing. Please contact me and I'll provide you with some information to show you it's legit.

I don't want to post too much info on the study on here, so I don't bias the results of the study we're conducting. However, I'm happy to share additional info on our project with you, and anyone else who is interested to know.

Thanks,
Justin

OP
L
Reaction score
hey tallica,

good to have a sox fan join! I'm from Norton, MA originally.

Justin

OP
L
Reaction score
Some people with 2.2 haven't been able to find the app on the Market...some have, which is a little weird. I think it might be ROM related.

We're working on figuring this out. If anyone with 2.2 doesn't see the app in the Market, please let me know.

In the meantime, I can send you the apk if that is something you feel comfortable doing.