Droid unlimited for $45.00

CreditGod

Reaction score
ok so walmart is now in the cell phone buisness with verizon wireless using their network Straight Talk is a mvno $45 a month unlimited

My question is can you flash one of these phones to work on straight talk

hackthedroid

Reaction score
I don't see the Droid even offered as one of the available phones for the straight talk program.

So they use Tracfone for their service...

OP
C

CreditGod

Reaction score
can this be done

ok it rooted now can this be done

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This wouldn't even be worth it... I doubt straight talk comes with a data plan.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
So what's so great about straight talk? other then price?

Nothing really...

I doubt the service coverage would be that great. It would be like any metropolitan phone service where it only works decent in certain areas.

It probably has a lot of network restrictions where its not as good like only 1g or 2g, etc...

There is a reason its $45 a month. I bet the network it runs on is terrible. If it uses verizon's network its probably still limited to only go so fast or something.

In other words I don't think this is currently possible and I don't think its worth the trouble either. You get what you pay for and I don't think this service would work well if you found a way to make it work on the Moto Droid.

I think experienced coders realize this too, so they probably won't waste their time either.

Zeroid

Reaction score
I flashed my previous smartphone HTC Mogul with CRICKET UNLIMITED service. It's legal. You own the phone. You pay for service.

It was unlimited TXT, DATA, MINUTES. It was epic for the $55/mo I paid for it. Now I pay $120/mo @ verizon for 900 min. The only other option is -HALF- the amount of minutes for $20 less....wish they had a plan to meet me half way inbetween :(