Droid sound issues after update

jeremyprice11

Reaction score
I am having issues with my droid sound. Not only does the alarm clock not work in silence mode, as it use to. The sound you hear when you touch icons on the home page or app drawer will not work anymore either. I am not rooted. I am runnning 2.1, and yes I have the box on the settings page for, play sound during screen selection, checked. I have went through all the steps of battery pulls and cycling. I also have factory reset my phone with the cache wipe and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with my droid sound. Not only does the alarm clock not work in silence mode, as it use to. The sound you hear when you touch icons on the home page or app drawer will not work anymore either. I am not rooted. I am runnning 2.1, and yes I have the box on the settings page for, play sound during screen selection, checked. I have went through all the steps of battery pulls and cycling. I also have factory reset my phone with the cache wipe and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. You've done everything that I would recommend that you do. I would suggest you take your phone in to Verizon to have them look at it or replace it. Sometimes in an update you can get a corrupt file and this is probably what happened to you.

OP
J

jeremyprice11

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. One last question then.... if you dont mind. I bought this from best buy. Do I need to take it to them or will a verizon store help me out. thanks again