Droid + SIM Card Unlock Code

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I know the Droid doesn't have a SIM card but I stumbled on a menu that shows two options;

• Lock SIM Card [checked box]
• Change SIM PIN [sub-menu]

As mentioned the Lock SIM Card option is checked and in order to uncheck the box I need to know the PIN but I don't know it.

I'd like to know if unlocking it would offer any benefits since I don't think the Droid has a SIM Card, my guess is that this menu is for the Milestone but I can't figure why on the Droid it's locked by default if it doesn't even have a SIM Card to lock.

Please share any thoughts on this, thanks :)

OP
xsylus

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm currently running the default, out-of-the box, version of the phone. I'm still using OS version 2.0.1 at this time.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know if unlocking it would offer any benefits since I don't think the Droid has a SIM Card, my guess is that this menu is for the Milestone but I can't figure why on the Droid it's locked by default if it doesn't even have a SIM Card to lock.
The lock you're looking at enables a security PIN on the SIM so that no one can use the SIM without the PIN.

It's not what people usually refer to when they're talking about a lock on a GSM device. That type of lock is a subsidy lock. The subsidy lock restricts you to using only one carrier's SIM cards in your GSM device.

It's all irrelevant to the Droid. Changing the option won't do a thing for you.