Droid screen problem?

Curse01

Reaction score
I have noticed that on white backgrounds (the default Google search home page for the browser is a good example) I can see a faint rectangular grid across the entire viewable area. Increasing the brightness makes the pattern become even more visible.

Is anyone else seeing this?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see any rectangles on my default homepage. I've never seen that on any images, dark or light. :/

OP
C

Curse01

Reaction score
Good to hear, I'll be heading back to the store for an exchange.

Thanks for taking a look for me!

Christobal

Reaction score
I just noticed a thin white line across my screen when the phone is locked (both orientations). It's about 1/3 the way down below the clock. When I slide the lock to "unlock", it disappears. I don't think it was there before today. ???

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same line. It is separating the time from the next alarm you have set. Maybe you had a lighter wallpaper or something that made you not see it? I'm pretty sure it is normal, it just breaks up the text a little.

OP
C

Curse01

Reaction score
I just noticed a thin white line across my screen when the phone is locked (both orientations). It's about 1/3 the way down below the clock. When I slide the lock to "unlock", it disappears. I don't think it was there before today. ???

I have that as well, I believe it is part of the GUI.

Christobal

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I don't have any alarms set and I have had the same wallpaper since I set it up last week. I'm just noticing it now.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah okay then if you DO set an alarm, it will be below the line. Maybe some other notifications show up down there also, not sure.

droidmonger

Reaction score
Same "problem" w/ my Droid. My buddy's Droid has the same line as well. Hopefully it'll be "fixed" w/ the update.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the line isn't a problem, it is supposed to be there. It's a separator.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OP is talking about the faint matrix of uniform squares that covers the entire screen. This same thing can also be seen on the BlackBerry Storm. This is not a defect, the screen is meant to be this way. They are very thin wires, I believe. It is part of the capacitive touch sensor, and is used to triangulate where on-screen you are touching. The only capacitive touch device i've seen without them is the iPhone, and somehow I am sure they are there, too. They probably just use some sort of filter on the screen to make them invisible.

Do NOT return the device because of this, as the replacement will be the same.

EDIT: Think of them like the aperature grill wires in a Trinitron CRT. A distraction at first, but worth putting up with due to the overall awesomeness of the display.