Droid rooted!!! Works 100%

asado111

Reaction score
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS FOLLOWING MY PREVIOUS THREAD THIS WAY WORKS ALSO!

Load up the fastboot menu by holding down power and the optical trackpad.
2. Plug in the USB cable
3. Press power again to select fastboot.
4. Click the SD card out, highlight recovery, and then press power to select recovery.
5. As the first white HTC screen is loading, you will hear a "detach" sound if you are on a windows computer. Immediately click the SD card in at this time.
6. Try to get into shell.
7. If you did not get into recovery, reboot into the OS by holding down power and volume up and clicking power again. Do a battery pull and repeat steps 1-6

THAT IS THE MAIN ISSUE WE ARE ALL HAVING, THIS WAY WORKS!

sdorn

Reaction score

2. Plug in the USB cable
4. Click the SD card out, highlight recovery, and then press power to select recovery.
5. As the first white HTC screen is loading, you will hear a "detach" sound if you are on a windows computer. Immediately click the SD card in at this time.
7. If you did not get into recovery, reboot into the OS by holding down power and volume up and clicking power again. Do a battery pull and repeat steps 1-6

This method should work for most people but the timing of when you click in the sd card can vary. For some people it may be as much as a few seconds different than for other people. The window might only be .25 to .5 second long, but you have to keep trying until you find it. I suggest using a stop watch and working in .25 second intervals until you hit it.

Lynx

Reaction score

2. Plug in the USB cable

This method should work for most people but the timing of when you click in the sd card can vary. For some people it may be as much as a few seconds different than for other people. The window might only be .25 to .5 second long, but you have to keep trying until you find it. I suggest using a stop watch and working in .25 second intervals until you hit it.

I couldnt get this to work for me :(

sdorn

Reaction score

2. Plug in the USB cable

Finding that 0.25 to 0.5 second window is very hard to do. Just keep trying and don't give up.

Last edited:

jakemerrell

Reaction score

2. Plug in the USB cable

Okay I tried this method about 25 times and it didn't work, because I was rebooting too soon. I was in the middle of trying and it wasn't working but I had to go and do something so I left the loop.bat going and came back to see that I have been able to shell. Keep on trying and wait a little longer than it shows on the "root in 10 min" video. It worked every time after I figured that out.

How it worked for me.
1. I followed the instructions and clicked the sd card out after it gave the error on the fast boot.
2. I clicked the sd card back in as soon as I heard the detach sound
3. I waited about a min (maybe longer) with the loop.bat running in the cmd
4. Gained access!!!

OP
A

asado111

Reaction score
It really depends on timing, keep trying you'll get there. If that doesn't work, try for the 2nd windows ding and then instantly put the card in. I tried that way also, it worked I now got into adb recovery 3x.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
This worked for me too, Clicking the card in and out at the right time seem to do the trick.
After I was finally into ADB SHELL, the rest was a piece of cake.

My Inc is now rooted and waiting for the good stuff to come down the pike from the devs.

Lynx

Reaction score
I still cant get this to work, been trying for an hour straight. So damn frustrating!!

Edit: WAHOOOOOOOOO I finally got it to work. I tried the clicking the SD Card in and out repeatedly and it worked the first time :)

Last edited:

b00m3rang

Reaction score
Edit: WAHOOOOOOOOO I finally got it to work. I tried the clicking the SD Card in and out repeatedly and it worked the first time :)

I'l be damned... that worked for me too, first time! In and out FTW!

Edit: Rootastic!

Last edited: