Droid Root helper Install /Busybox Probs

mikes

Reaction score
/xbin has a busybox in it.
/xbin is not part of a standard directory structure (/system/xbin is), the busybox symlinks haven't been created (or haven't been created correctly), busybox doesn't have execute permissions, or the directory isn't on the path.

If you don't understand that, you shouldn't be rooting your phone, or you'll be back complaining about your new "brick."

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look guys, he is saying that he has busybox in /xbin. That is fine, he doesn't need to list the full path. It looks like he has everything fine and just needs to download and load a MM theme.

OP
M

maverick45

Reaction score
Look guys, he is saying that he has busybox in /xbin. That is fine, he doesn't need to list the full path. It looks like he has everything fine and just needs to download and load a MM theme.
Thank you brother! you are correct. For the sake of brevity I didn't repeat the full path because, we knew what we were talking about!!

Thanks again TB for your help and making me feel welcome!!
Mav

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

maverick45

Reaction score
TB, Meta is working. Thank you!! I just didn't have any themes in the Folder... So I downloaded some themes recommended on AllDroid and installed a couple of them. While they looked nice, it wouldn't load my beautiful widget home, gave an error message saying "problem loading widget". I didn't have time to research afix so I unrooted back to stock, re-rooted back to DM and reloaded my live wallpaper and everything is fine. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Thanks again for your and the rest of the Rescue Squad assistance!!
M45

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You will get that message on widgets when theming launcher. All you have to do is trash the widget and reload it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
TB, Meta is working. Thank you!! I just didn't have any themes in the Folder... So I downloaded some themes recommended on AllDroid and installed a couple of them. While they looked nice, it wouldn't load my beautiful widget home, gave an error message saying "problem loading widget". I didn't have time to research afix so I unrooted back to stock, re-rooted back to DM and reloaded my live wallpaper and everything is fine. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Thanks again for your and the rest of the Rescue Squad assistance!!
M45

Just for future reference. The "problem loading widget" will come up when you run a theme. All you should have to do is drag it to the trash and replace it on the home screen. I say this in general because I don't want ya to have to do all the extra steps unless you have too.

OP
M

maverick45

Reaction score
Awesome I'll try it now. BTW, II Dl'd ROM manager and is there a particular ROM like BB or UD that you guys would recommend??

madspeed

Reaction score
I just used search
astro and it came back with about6 entries: /sdcard/downloads/Tools/busybox,/sdcard/downloads/Tools/busybox.sh /sdcard/downloads/Tools/busybox, /sdcard/nandroid/UltimateDroid_8.1.1update/system/xbin/busybox, /sdcard/Tools/busybox , /sdcard/Tools/busybox.sh ,/sdcard/busybox

Looks like busybox is everywhere except where you need it. Try unrooting with dmupdater then rooting again. Then check.
I unrooted and re-rooted using Dupdater. Everything went well. Phone is working perfectly, except the MM. Still doesn't have any themes showing up. However I ran Astro and there is an /xbin directory with BB in it. I looked at the subfolder/file/app whatever iti s properties and it isn't empty,it has data in it unlike the other one. What do you suggest next an install command??
Thanks for all your patience and assistance!
Mav

What is this Dupdater?? and where can i get it??

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Looks like busybox is everywhere except where you need it. Try unrooting with dmupdater then rooting again. Then check.
I unrooted and re-rooted using Dupdater. Everything went well. Phone is working perfectly, except the MM. Still doesn't have any themes showing up. However I ran Astro and there is an /xbin directory with BB in it. I looked at the subfolder/file/app whatever iti s properties and it isn't empty,it has data in it unlike the other one. What do you suggest next an install command??
Thanks for all your patience and assistance!
Mav

What is this Dupdater?? and where can i get it??

It stands for DroidMod Updater. Its an app used to root your droid from 2.0.1. You can get it from droidmod.org.

madspeed

Reaction score
I got busybox in a coulple places too for whatever reason. can I simply remove the "un needed" ones?

madspeed

Reaction score
I just set back to stock using the .sbf. Then rooted and now gonna install BB rom. Had trouble getting busybox working, but I got it now. I just found that there seems to be several installs of it in different locations on my sd card. These are what i was asking anout getting rid of. I really only need one installed correct? And what location does it NEED to be in?

EDIT: but everything seems to be working ok up to this point!

madspeed

Reaction score
Everything worked well until I tried to upgrade via advanced nandroid method. I get stuck in boot loop. I restored back to my old rooted rom and now get hung up at the m logo... HELPP

madspeed

Reaction score
had to redo the sbf method. Installed Titanium backup and it sayd not rooted? I need busybox, is there another way to get it besides adb?