Droid Razr - Is There A Way To Improve Music Audio Quality?

mmcompute

Reaction score
I use Bose head phones to listen to my music and typically listen to my iPod while at work. The audio quality has always been impressive on my iPod so I was wondering if there is a way to get my Razr to sound as good as my iPod? The music on my Razr sounds OK but I'd like to bump it up a notch or two. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a few free EQ apps in the market. Check them out and tweak the settings to your liking.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I use Bose head phones to listen to my music and typically listen to my iPod while at work. The audio quality has always been impressive on my iPod so I was wondering if there is a way to get my Razr to sound as good as my iPod? The music on my Razr sounds OK but I'd like to bump it up a notch or two. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The sound on your iPod was enhanced by apple from the factory through DSP. The sound on the Droid RAZR is set to flat frequency response which is to say it reproduces the audio waveform as it was intended to be reproduced by the engineer in the recording studio. You are used to hearing sound that had been boosted in both low and high frequencies so the RAZR may seem unimpressive to you, lifeless our dull, no kick or pop. For audio purists like myself, this is normal and we actually prefer the sound as it was engineered. To hear flat audio response on your iPod actually requires disabling the enhancement feature.

However, you can either add an EQ or DSP from the market, or you may be satisfied with just the enhancement features built in. Hit your menu button, then choose settings, choose sound, scroll down and choose media audio effects. You will need to choose wired stereo devices for your headphones, and then select enable audio effects. From there, you can either choose a preset profile that suits you, or you can choose the custom profile which then activates the other two options on the previous menu, surround and equalizer. Each has several effect options which may get you to the sound you're looking for.

Welcome to the other side of life... No cool-aide served here, just pure Android pleasure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mmcompute

Reaction score
Ok. I found the problem. I had already downloaded an EQ from the Market before posting the thread but, even before that, I had somehow found the stock audio enhancements under menu>settings>sound>audio effects and had tweaked them. So, I had two EQ's trying to enhance the audio at the same time and the result sounded like crap. I disabled one and now all is better and I don't have to be jealous of my wife's HTZ Rezound. :D

Thanks for the help.