Droid razr doesnt recognize GMAIL as email account

bsmith0731

Reaction score
God bless all.

I usually send out group emails on my computer so I thought id set it up on my razr. I got the group set up under contacts without any flaws. I go in to send an email to the group and it had them all set up for me nice and neatly. Then it asks me for an account and gmail isnt even an option.

I really dont want to have to add my gmail account under the email accounts section then id have two email apps if you know what i mean.

Do most people use The gmail app or just the email app? Help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

daff

Reaction score
After I've taken a photo with my Droid RAZR, how do I send it to an email address? (I just upgraded from Blackberry, where there was an email icon available as soon as you took the picture!)

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
You will see a button that has two arrows pointing upward

sent from my Droid RAZR. 1st android after almost 4 years with apple.

daff

Reaction score
Another GMAIL issue. When I used an email account, I got notification of new email at the top bar of the home screen. Now that I use the gmail app, I don't get the notifications. Does anyone know how to make those show up on the DROID RAZR?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Another GMAIL issue. When I used an email account, I got notification of new email at the top bar of the home screen. Now that I use the gmail app, I don't get the notifications. Does anyone know how to make those show up on the DROID RAZR?

Open the gmail app/menu/more/settings/tap your gmail account and select email notifications.

daff

Reaction score
Open the gmail app/menu/more/settings/tap your gmail account and select email notifications.

It IS selected. I just noticed that when I manually refresh the Inbox, the notifications appear. I see under settings, there's a place to tell it how much email to Sync, but is there also a place to tell it how often to refresh? Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It IS selected. I just noticed that when I manually refresh the Inbox, the notifications appear. I see under settings, there's a place to tell it how much email to Sync, but is there also a place to tell it how often to refresh? Thanks.

The gmail app doesn't "refresh". You gmail inbox on the Google website pushed a new email to your phone when it arrives. That is one reason the Gmail app saves battery power over using the native email app. The native email app has to be setup to go to your server and check for new emails on a preset frequency. That means it uses power to go check regardless of whether there are new emails or not.

There are settings all over the place at effect gmail syncing. Look under Accounts in the main settings menu, look at any smart actions you've setup. It sounds like there is some place where it is not set right. If everything is set right, then you need to go to Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data.

Good luck.