Droid RAZR Camera - anyone seen it in action?

KiddPablo

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the RAZR's camera in action? I'm seriously considering the RAZR but I need to know the camera will load up fairly quickly, not have much shutter lag, etc.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I watched a quick hands on video and the camera was pretty quick. Not sure if it was quite as fast as the DX but it was close.

tno

Reaction score
The camera hardware is likely the same as they used in the Bionic, certainly the specs are the same, the difference comes in the software which they have optimized for quick shot taking and better image quality. In the limited use I had it certainly felt quick, and image quality seemed on par with Bionic, if not better. So, I wouldn't worry too much about camera performance.

lobo13

Reaction score
I believe it was confirmed that the camera is the same as the Bionic. Which from what I've heard the Bionic has had some camera issues. Hopefully, this doesn't hold true to the razr.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I believe it was confirmed that the camera is the same as the Bionic. Which from what I've heard the Bionic has had some camera issues. Hopefully, this doesn't hold true to the razr.
I've been following thee Bionic forum for weeks, and it seems people are very unhappy with the camera. So to say that the specs are the same as the Bionic's, as if it's a good thing, seems counter-intuitive.

il padrino

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. Ever since the GB update on my DX the camera is absolutely horrible (pic quality, slow shutter, double shutter, no pic at all, you name it). I'm banking on the camera being better in the Razr.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

ICS is supposed to make improvements to the camera, like zero lag on picture taking.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have loaded both 5.5.893 and 5.6.893 leaked OTA updates on my Bionic and I can tell you they have solved the camera issues on my phone. In fact, these leaked updates have solved not only the camera issue, but the music stutter, headphone whine, 3G data connectivity issue, wifi to 3G hand-off issue, 4G to 3G hand-off/switching issue and it "appears" the battery is lasting longer (seat-of-the-pants data point).

Good luck.