Droid razr battery case

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Hey everyone. This is my first to Droid forums. I was wondering if there are any charging cases for the Droid razr, like the ones for iPhone? I haven't seen any and was wondering if there were any. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jdroid80

Reaction score
I've heard a lot people have had luck with this one. It's pretty small and compact too.

model # Motorola P893

I found it earlier on the verizon website but the link wasn't working anymore. It's $40 on verizonwireless.com

Last edited:

makilavelli

Reaction score
I will second this. I was lucky to get this in the Costco bundle and it's a life saver if I know I'm going to be at a work location without access to a charger :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, some of us have moved to a portable charger. Here's a post from the Bionic forums that links back to the Razr forums:

We went through this on the Razr forums. I think we all agree that the New Trent IMP99D or the New Trent IMP1000 are good choices for this.

The 99D is a 9900mAH battery and will charge a Razr 4 and 1/2 times before it needs a charge itself. It has 2 USB ports. One 1 Amp for charging phones and one 2 Amp for charging iPads. (No, you can't charge 2 phones at once because the 2 Amp will fry your phone.) Deron from the Razr forum did a video reviewing this device:
[video=youtube;QSDso84MDh4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QSDso84MDh4[/video]

The 1000 is a 11000mAH battery and I think we've gotten 5 - 6 charges out of it before it needs to be recharged. It only has 1 USB, but it can charge either your phone or your iPad. (I don't know how long or how much to charge your iPad as I don't have an iPad, but I'm looking to get an Android tablet, so we'll see.)

The person who did the video for the 99D also did a review of the Energizer XP4001. It only charged the phone 1 and 1/2 times and couldn't charge an iPad. Here's the videos. He split them in 2:
[video=youtube;7plTnntOXGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7plTnntOXGI&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/video]
[video=youtube;VSFkZqM-GWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFkZqM-GWw&feature=youtu.be&hd=1[/video]

The thread over on the Razr forums is long and several devices have been thrown out there, but most come back to the 2 New Trent's above. I don't want to steer you from this site, but if you want to see the other forum posting, it's here:
Taking suggestions for portable backup battery.

As for the two New Trents, Either one is good, it just matters what you want the device to do and charge.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
... and yes, I know that this ^^^ is not exactly what you are looking for, but I thought it might be useful as an alternative. I bought a universal belt clip with the stick on buttons and carry the battery on my belt when I'm using it. I know it kind of defeats the purpose of having a small phone, but at least I have power any where at any time.

Deron

Reaction score
Thank you, Scotty, for posting the URLs.

I am not sure a rechargeable case with its own internal battery is gonna be all that appealing.

First,such a case might add bulk to our wafer thin Razr's and then how would we use them as throwing shiroken in a Kung fu street fight like we see in the commercials? I know I myself have to fight off minions of katana-wielding samurai on my way to work, and without my Razr's thin profile how could i decapitate my enemies before I punch in and get my Vitamin Water to start my work day?

Secondly: a case with its own battery (like the Mophie for iPhone) won't have a large capacity battery. You might get 75% of a phone charge from it. Excuse me while I stare blankly and am not impressed. All that bulk for just 2 more hours of Jersey Shore on Netflix ... and they don't even fight or pull hair on this episode. What a waste.

A portable charger is a much better solution. The size of a large men's wallet,fits in the pocket, can recharge while using phone, uses your phone's native charging cord,and gives > 4 charges to your phone. What's not to love?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Last edited: