Droid R2-D2 Bootloader d2.37 help

Furby

Reaction score
I accidently dropped my phone and the battery fell out, when i put it back in i turned it on and after the motorola icon it comes up with a screen like this:

Bootloader
D2.37

Battery Ok
OK to program
Tranfer Mode:
USB (I have my usb plugged into it)

I have absolutely no idea what to do whatsoever so any help would be appreciated

OP
F

Furby

Reaction score
Please I really need my phone working tonight!

D

dankarlinski

Remove the battery and leave it out for a few mins.

Once you put it back in, boot it up and see what happens... if you are in this screen again, you have done one of 2 things...

1. Somehow managed to wipe the onboard software by dropping the phone (highly UNLIKELY)

2. Managed to disconnect something in the chipset and the phone is not reading the flash chips.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
F

Furby

Reaction score
Remove the battery and leave it out for a few mins.

Once you put it back in, boot it up and see what happens... if you are in this screen again, you have done one of 2 things...

1. Somehow managed to wipe the onboard software by dropping the phone (highly UNLIKELY)

2. Managed to disconnect something in the chipset and the phone is not reading the flash chips.

If it is either one of those 2 what do i have to do?

D

dankarlinski

Well, it is more likely a hardware thing, but if you need it tonight, you can try to sbf first.

Its a fairly long winded process, but if you search SBF droid R2-D2 on here or google, you should find everything you need.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you'll need to contact verizon/assurion and get your phone replaced

OP
F

Furby

Reaction score
Well, it is more likely a hardware thing, but if you need it tonight, you can try to sbf first.

Its a fairly long winded process, but if you search SBF droid R2-D2 on here or google, you should find everything you need.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you'll need to contact verizon/assurion and get your phone replaced

I really dont know much about all that sbf stuff, is there any way you can link me a guide on how to do it please?

OP
F

Furby

Reaction score
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

This has apparentlly been tested and works on an r2d2.

Sbf will wipe everything, but at least it will (if your phone is not hardware damaged) allow you to use it again...

Good luck!

Im reading this and i dont even know how to set my phone into recovery mode or get that stuff onto my phone or anything at all, can you help with this