DROID PROBLEM...Please Help

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score
Hi, im new here and i got a problem with my DROID. WHen i restart and when i hld and press "X" and Power button, it wont go to recovery menu. I cant also reset my phone... please please help....It would be really kind of you people...

hacku

Reaction score
Hi, im new here and i got a problem with my DROID. WHen i restart and when i hld and press "X" and Power button, it wont go to recovery menu. I cant also reset my phone... please please help....It would be really kind of you people...

You don't hold them both at the same time. Once you see the Motorola logo, release the power button but keep holding the X button down.

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score

You don't hold them both at the same time. Once you see the Motorola logo, release the power button but keep holding the X button down.

But then it would just restart

Droidfish

Reaction score
Remove the back cover and completely romove the battery for a couple seconds. Can sometimes solve bootloop issues. To clarify, are you even getting the motorola logo when you try to boot?

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score
Remove the back cover and completely romove the battery for a couple seconds. Can sometimes solve bootloop issues. To clarify, are you even getting the motorola logo when you try to boot?

ya i do get the motorola log but the n it just restarts when i hold "x" and power button...it doesnt go to recovery menu

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score
i had the phone rooted first and i had ultimatedroid rom installed and then u wnet back to my droidmod rom and then when i unrooted using the DMUpdater and then i was going to install 2.1 so i went ahead and tryied to root my droid first and then idk what happned and then i couldnt go to recovery menu....

Please Help

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score
Okay. SOMEONE has to ask the obvious.

Are you rooted? :D

Mike raises a good point. Why don't you start by telling us as much info as you can on the situation.

i had the phone rooted first and i had ultimatedroid rom installed and then u wnet back to my droidmod rom and then when i unrooted using the DMUpdater and then i was going to install 2.1 so i went ahead and tryied to root my droid first and then idk what happned and then i couldnt go to recovery menu....

Droidfish

Reaction score
?I'm unfamiliar witth droidmod and unrooting. If you're initial plans were to install 2.1 then you shouldn't have unrooted. Have you searched the forums on rerooting? How long had your device been rooted?

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score
?I'm unfamiliar witth droidmod and unrooting. If you're initial plans were to install 2.1 then you shouldn't have unrooted. Have you searched the forums on rerooting? How long had your device been rooted?

should i call motorola?????

svttech76

Reaction score

Uhhhh no.

If it boots up go in your app drawer and see if you have supeuser permission. It's icon is a black ninja.. if you don't have that then you are not rooted

OP
J

jimmy.tandel

Reaction score

Uhhhh no.

If it boots up go in your app drawer and see if you have supeuser permission. It's icon is a black ninja.. if you don't have that then you are not rooted

im not rooted im just trying to root but it wont go to the recovery menu at startup