Droid Pro Call Quality

BubbaRob

Reaction score
..is it better than the Droid 1. ?

My original Droid call quality was horrible. Everyone said I was muffled and hard to understand but I could receive them well in the earpiece. With my Pro the other party says I sound crystal clear and loud and the issue is on my receiving end, just can't win here I guess

Thanks for the tip for the Droid issue, I may try it on my OG Droid.

thedose

Reaction score
There is a trick on the D1 that increased call quality, and you could try it out on the Droid Pro.

On the dialer screen, dial ##PROGRAM

choose "vocode"

and choose either EVRC-B or 13k. (On the D1, the default was EVRC, which is a crappy voice compression/decompression algorithm")

Not sure if this will help, but it is worth checking out.

this trick doesn't work on the droid pro. I tried it

jbgantes

Reaction score
Ordered three- All have terribel call quality

We ordered three of these units since Verizon was running a great special. The first that arrived had terrible call quality. My Sr. Tech agreed.

The next two that arrived had the same issue. Totally garbled on some calls. Our entire company uses Verizon and we have everything from HTC Eris, Incredible to Storm2 BB's. The only devices with call quality issues are the Pro's.

Other than that, a great device (poor battery life, heat and lack of native copy/paste functionality aside!).

cahummer

Reaction score
I was having terrible call quality issues. I downloaded the phone update and my problem improved significantly. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

jhumbo

Reaction score
I was having terrible call quality issues. I downloaded the phone update and my problem improved significantly. Hope this helps.

^
Yes, I agree. I thought the voice quality was sub-par until I did the update 2 days ago. Since the update, it is much better and the quality is now on par with what I would expect.

thrashertm

Reaction score
wow - the phone update has made a HUGE difference in my phone's call audio quality.

spydergirl

Reaction score
wow - the phone update has made a HUGE difference in my phone's call audio quality.

Yeah, mine too. Very impressed. Now if they can just come up with an update to improve the CAMERA quality, I'll be alot happier. (Well, and then one to improve the BATTERY LIFE....... *LOL*)

flash24

Reaction score
Gingerbread should improve the battery life. As for the camera, the quality isn't as great when you view it from the device, but when I posted the picture on facebook, it looks great.